Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Amazon Delivery - Should I Let it Go?

Had an amazon delivery today, he rang the door bell, by the time I got to the hall he had pushed my door handle down and the door was just starting to open. Now I have no idea why he did this, if he was planning on putting my delivery inside my door or what.
Would you just let it go or would you contact Amazon and complain? I know delivery drivers are under huge pressure and I wouldn't want to cause someone to lose their job, but I do wonder what would have happened if I had not been there. DH is working from home, and if training does not answer the door and would not notice someone in the hall.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Had an amazon delivery today, he rang the door bell, by the time I got to the hall he had pushed my door handle down and the door was just starting to open. Now I have no idea why he did this, if he was planning on putting my delivery inside my door or what.
Would you just let it go or would you contact Amazon and complain? I know delivery drivers are under huge pressure and I wouldn't want to cause someone to lose their job, but I do wonder what would have happened if I had not been there. DH is working from home, and if training does not answer the door and would not notice someone in the hall.
You can give feedback in the delivery - if that happened to me I would certainly feed that back. Regardless of the pressure they acted incorrectly and I wouldn’t be happy (not that I ever leave my front door unlocked anyway P
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I would just let it go. They would have just been putting your parcel in the house for you. We quite often leave our porch door open because we know that the delivery drivers will try it and if it opens they’ll put the parcel in the porch for us. Which is much better than us and them having to deal with having it re delivered.

If you really don’t want people trying your door handle, I’d just keep your door locked. Our inside door (the one after the porch) is always locked.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I would definitely report to Amazon, to enter your house like that isn't on. If he had done that in my house my dogs could have escaped into the road and that doesn't bear thinking about. He had no idea if you had small children, pets or whatever. Simply unacceptable.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

We always keep our front door locked so delivery drivers or anyone else can’t do this very thing!

Maybe lock your door from now on.

Giving him benefit of the doubt Maybe he saw you coming to the door?

Spose it wouldn’t hurt to give Amazon feedback so he knows not to do it again as this could be a very frightening situation for a person at home

Edited at 05:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Hes probably working from Dawn to Dusk... .really ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
You should definetly report this, it is a saftey issue, Amazon specifically tell (or say they do) their delivery drivers they are not allowed to enter properties (except lean-to porches etc) to make deliveries unless invited.

Technically he has commited an offence of unlawful trespass.

As a minimum you will get the delivery charge refunded (or if prime an extra month added to prime membership). More importnatly the delivery driver will be reminded not to do it, and you might stop someone more "fragile" being confronted by a stranger in their house - which could be quite scary!
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We leave the porch door open for delivery’s inside door is locked
Sorry but no way would I leave a door unlocked if it came straight into the house
I’d let it go to be honest but it could have been anyone with whatever intentions
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Let it go, if you don’t want somebody to enter keep the door locked.
Would you rather miss a delivery or have it left inside?
Did you ask him at the time? If it makes you feel better let Amazon know.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Did he mistakenly think there was a porch rather than it opening directly into the hallway. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but we always keep our front door locked if we are at the back of the house or upstairs.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List