Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

How much for a house removal ?

So my mum is trying to move house .
She will be moving about 150 miles .
She has a good sized 3 bedroom bungalow
The removal firm will need to make 2 drops , one at her temporary new home and one at a storage facility

I believe that everything will be boxed up before the removal firm come and that they don’t need to supply any extra boxes - just a question of loading up , moving it and unloading ( *2) at the other end

But they are supplying some ‘ wardrobe boxes’ and stuff to cover beds /project carpets etc

She has one quote ( not going to say how much to not sway people and seems to want to go with them because they are local and a family firm ) I have advised them to get more quotes but they don’t seem to want to and I want to at least check it’s reasonable

Any ideas appreciated
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:50 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Can I just recommend Winstanleys (Castleton based)
Weve used them 3 times and they are really good!
I can't remember off hand what we paid but they are certainly not extortionate
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

£2k to £3k - I just did a move from store and from a flat to a new place (c100 miles from store) so a full day job for 4 people and it was in that range and I though very reasonable (family owned business )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We paid just under 1k but only moved a few miles away. We have a lot of stuff though, DH is an engineer and has a lathe and a milling machine just for a start in his workshop! The lorry was full to the brim!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were quoted almost 1k for a simple 4 bed house (not a large house) with no loft to move 5 miles down the road.

We ended up doing the move ourself with a hired van as had the luxury of moving into an empty property who let us move stuff gradually over a week.

I would expect your Mums quote to be in the thousands.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I think parents in law paid £3000 for 4 men for 2 days - full pack of 5 bed house in the south, 150 mile journey and drop off. I think we paid the same company £1300 for full pack and move 5 miles in the north west. These were both about 4 years ago
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been quoted £2432 exactly by two local firms - I guess they price match somehow to come in the same. A third quoted closer to £3000.

This is for a 3 bed semi with full pack, dismantled and reassembled furniture and a treadmill to be moved. We’re only moving 3 miles away.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I am staggered by these prices. We paid £500 to move from a 4 bed house last year. We did the packing and was only 10 miles. Took two trips.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all the replies so far . When people say the removal die did the packing I presume you mean that it was already all boxed up and furniture flat packed etc before hand by yourselves so it was just actually putting it on the van -neatly and safely and then unpacking at the other end ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Dh has just said we paid £950.
It was a complicated move do they came and picked 90% of our stuff up one day and stored it, another lot the day before the move then the last lot on the morning. They bought the last 2 lots to the new house on move day and then the other lot the next day!
We had a lot of boxes off them as well!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List