Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile We have a countdown!

We have booked for November, it's BA and so far it's from Gatwick. I have to say the price looked too good to be true and by the time we added all the extras it turned out it was! 😂
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Well done auntie Sue, but how much did you pay and are you travelling cattle class?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Well done auntie Sue, but how much did you pay and are you travelling cattle class?
We are flying cattle but exit row. I am right off PE since the reclining incident in January!

Will come back to put on price but know the basic was £303.

ETA it's about £535 each.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Well done !

For the first time ever that I can remember I dont have any flights booked anywhere - I dont think USA will open up till end of year, at the earliest, but if I am wrong (and part of me hopes there is a vaccine and it can then open) I am ready to pounce to book and fly
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We are flying cattle but exit row. I am right off PE since the reclining incident in January!

Will come back to put on price but know the basic was £303.

ETA it's about £535 each.
I wasn't aware of the PE incident, but we've done PE lots of times and it's usually so overpriced for what it is and worth no more that £100 each per each way, but they often want hundreds more for little extra (even club isn't that great).

Blimey basic was £303 return that's brilliant. I was doing BA quotes for next June and it's still showing Gatwick but they were apparently moving flights to heathrow (which would be great for me).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Well done ES., something to look forward too.

Good price !

Disney332
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We have booked for November, it's BA and so far it's from Gatwick. I have to say the price looked too good to be true and by the time we added all the extras it turned out it was! 😂
Sue

Welcome to the Florida optimists club

We too are BA in November and I'm still hoping for Thanksgiving Day dinner at Bob Evans for the fourth consecutive year.

Joan and I sadly have different ways of expressing the fullness (is that a word?) of our glasses but I say it's still 3 months away and things can get better. We've also had an email confirming LGW - at least for now.

Mick
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope you go Sue, if you fly then so do I✈️😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Happy planning. Good price !
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sue

Welcome to the Florida optimists club

We too are BA in November and I'm still hoping for Thanksgiving Day dinner at Bob Evans for the fourth consecutive year.

Joan and I sadly have different ways of expressing the fullness (is that a word?) of our glasses but I say it's still 3 months away and things can get better. We've also had an email confirming LGW - at least for now.

Mick
Mick, Good to see you posting because I do miss you when you don't post, and fingers crossed you and Sue's holiday will go ahead and you will have a great time