Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Price for Club Class

Can anyone give me a rough idea on a good price for a BA Club Class return between London and Miami please? I’ll be travelling over October half term. Thank you!

Edited at 06:37 PM.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Our target for business class is £1500. In recent years we have generally paid £1200 to £1300 (Summer and Halloween are the times we have been going.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
footiecook
Trying for More Ears

I was looking last night for July 2021 and got £4583 for 2 adults and 1 youth so really 3 adults !
The car hire prices are absolutely ridiculous at the moment so think we might book the flights and try the car hire later
footiecook is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by footiecook View Post
I was looking last night for July 2021 and got £4583 for 2 adults and 1 youth so really 3 adults !
The car hire prices are absolutely ridiculous at the moment so think we might book the flights and try the car hire later
If you book flights only you will probably have to pay in full at the time of booking.

Adding on car hire or hotel, even for one day, will create a package for which you just pay a deposit. Final payment then being due a few weeks before departure.

I think this is a big consideration at the moment.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We’re happy with anything under £2k pp.

Just booked next October fly drive with BA for £1600 each, business flights & car so very happy with that (& prepared to risk the deposit if we can’t go!).

I don’t find these super cheap prices people seem to get, aside from these, around £1700 return is usually the best price we’ve found with either BA or Virgin. Although we did get the inbound leg indirect (via Miami) with BA for April ‘19 for £603 each, flying midweek.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We normally pay between 1500 and 1700
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We’re happy with anything under £2k pp.

Just booked next October fly drive with BA for £1600 each, business flights & car so very happy with that (& prepared to risk the deposit if we can’t go!).

I don’t find these super cheap prices people seem to get, aside from these, around £1700 return is usually the best price we’ve found with either BA or Virgin. Although we did get the inbound leg indirect (via Miami) with BA for April ‘19 for £603 each, flying midweek.
I have very rarely seen any of these super cheap prices that sometimes get mentioned and I research flights regularly. I would consider £1500 to Miami an absolute bargain and would expect anything up to £2k.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have very rarely seen any of these super cheap prices that sometimes get mentioned and I research flights regularly. I would consider £1500 to Miami an absolute bargain and would expect anything up to £2k.
I always wait for BA’s sale, although I check prices in the couple of weeks before the sale to make sure the sale prices actually are !

Also I’m flexible with dates, 2 weeks + or - and in Nov. I fly solo so perhaps it’s easier to accommodate me and therefore a bit cheap (although I suspect I’m wrong).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’ve just done a dummy booking for random dates next Oct, flight only and direct for one person. These are results :

I have enough Avios points to reduce that by £130, giving me a grand total of £1,346.28 which I would be happy with.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Old 2 Nov 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
If you book flights only you will probably have to pay in full at the time of booking.

Adding on car hire or hotel, even for one day, will create a package for which you just pay a deposit. Final payment then being due a few weeks before departure.

I think this is a big consideration at the moment.
Good tip, I did not know this!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List