Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

So what song, when you hear it, instantly takes you back to your first ever Florida trip?

As the title says;

So what song, when you hear it, instantly takes you back to your first ever Florida trip?

Alexa just played this;

It’s September 1981 instantly and I’m back in Florida for the first time... such evocative memories...

So what song triggers memories of your first Florida trip?

Over to you...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Gnarls Barkley Crazy in 2006 but when i hear umbrella it reminds me of the second trip in 2007
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For some strange reason it's "True Colours" by Cindy Lauper and I think it's because they played it over the pre-show in Imagination (presented by Kodak)

This is the memory of two 74 year olds from our first visit in 1990. Happy to be corrected if we're having senior moments.

The film at the time around WDW was "Dick Tracey"

Mick
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Desert Rose - Sting.

I never hear it though- unless I play it myself. 😊
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Not my first trip but second trip with the kids when we first had a car
Always on the radio was
“ Genie in a bottle “ Christina Aguilera

Edited at 04:18 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Not the first trip, but ‘Holiday Road’ by Lindsay Buckingham is sung in the D332 chariot as soon as we are on the slip road, off the M23 heading to the South Terminal.

Its a tradition now 😂

Disney332
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

U can’t Touch This - MC hammer was on the Arsenio Hall show on tv in the hotel one night. Hadn’t heard of either of them before
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I gotta feeling- black eyed peas will always remind me of our first visit in 2009, specifically Busch gardens which was so quiet they let my children stay on a ride for as many goes as they wanted. Black eyed peas was playing at the basketball hoop game next to the ride. I am instantly back in that warm November sunshine when I hear that song.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Not the first trip, but ‘Holiday Road’ by Lindsay Buckingham is sung in the D332 chariot as soon as we are on the slip road, off the M23 heading to the South Terminal.

Its a tradition now 😂

Disney332
D332

Hope you get to use the slip road off the M23 again soon - but it may be the spur off the M4 to LHR

Mick
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I know I've posted this many times but Born in the USA because they belted it out and flashed the flag on the screens as we landed in1992. It was an amazing breathtaking moment and completely unexpected.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List