Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yeah, I've just seen that it's just Universal hotels and villas that are currently available to book at the moment for our dates in September 2022. No FlyDrives available for September booking either.

@collybird - VH are usually the first to release prices so are usually on the high side. They play on the fact that they're the first to release and try and get people to book early. I'm not expecting to book with VH at all, I just always like to set the high benchmark in terms of gathering prices and manage expectations for prices in my family haha.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks Tracey!

Always found Virgin to be on the high side, but Endless Summer (13 nights) is less than £2500 for flights direct from Glasgow for two adults. Our (cancelled) TUI flights for this year were £871 each once seats selection and luggage were added on. Booking.com have Endless Summer for similar dates next year for £916. Given that Virgin also includes car hire, I am inclined to think it is a good deal. Or maybe I just want it to be!? I think we are all desperate for something to look forward to!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thanks Tracey!

Always found Virgin to be on the high side, but Endless Summer (13 nights) is less than £2500 for flights direct from Glasgow for two adults. Our (cancelled) TUI flights for this year were £871 each once seats selection and luggage were added on. Booking.com have Endless Summer for similar dates next year for £916. Given that Virgin also includes car hire, I am inclined to think it is a good deal. Or maybe I just want it to be!? I think we are all desperate for something to look forward to!
The thing is the car hire insurance with the package with Virgin is only basic. You need to upgrade it and that adds more to the price. Their standalone car hire with Virgin Holidays is really good and has all the cover you need. For our 2019 trip I booked over the phone and asked them to remove the package car hire and include their standalone car hire which after some haggling they did. I got a lot of the price of everything in the end by calling. I'm not sure I'm going to use them for our 2022 trip though. Not sure I'd risk it.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I cannot ever see myself handing over my £££ to Virgin ever again and Ive flown with them at least 30+ times
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If we cant go by 2022 we might as well pack it in, and Stu close Dibb down!
However, at the moment I am only booking any holiday that is fully cancellable and moveable- just in case, even when I get around to booking 2022.
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I certainly wouldnt book with them this far out unless it was an extremely small deposit that i was ok to lose. They have unfortunately shown their true colours in how much they respect and value their customers, they really dont care. I might consider a very last minute booking if price was ok, but it rarely is.
Old 27 Sep 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Hmm. Considering they still have over £500 of my hard earned money then I'm definitely not booking with them again I think. Certainly not until they refund me and even then...

I've learned my lesson now, no more early bookings as for me they are just too hard now after my 2020 hol debacle (TC and now this.) Aside from a possible price advantage (I say that but the prices for our 2020 holiday remained static for months after we booked!) all it does is get my hopes up and then have them broken. Booking no more than a year out now. We did that in 2018 and it was fab.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List