Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Aug 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, Thursday 15th aquatica

We wanted to get to aquatica early to get a shaded spot, we had had a big meal at village inn the night before so weren't really hungry for breakfast. We had a few Krispy kreme mini krullers and left. We got a nice shaded spot and snacked on hula hoops, mini crackers and more krullers while there.
For dinner we went to the cheesecake factory.

The brown bread was sweet like malt loaf and really good, there wasnt much butter though!

I had orange chicken which was ok... there wasnt much sauce and there was a mountain of dry rice. Chicken was good though.

Cecil had the gumbo which I tried and much preferred tbh!

Dd had chicken Romano which was breaded chicken with cheesy tomato spaghetti, it was a gigantic portion. It was ok, nothing amazing favour wise.

Ds had bacon bacon cheeseburger...no shock there! we also shared a plate of fries.

For dessert I had the celebration cheesecake which was confetti cake with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla mousses covered in cream cheese frosting, if only it had a biscuit base it would have been perfect! It was a lot lighter than everyone elses choice.

Cecil had chocolate hazlenut cheesecake.
I tried this and it was very rich, doubt anyone could eat a full slice especially after a meal!
Ds had s'mores cheesecake which was really good and very rich again.

Dd had oreo explosion cheesecake, the base of this is chocolate cake.

We barely ate a quarter of our cheesecakes and they bought out boxes for us to take them back. All in all it was good to go but if we ever return I would just get 2 cheesecake slices from walk in and share them as there was so much waste! Even having barely eaten all day and going very hungry it was still far too much.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

The portion sizes are insane 😬
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Huge portions at cheesecake factory!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List