Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Sep 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Dog owners - we have a problem!

So, we have four dogs which up until now has been a breeze. All well behaved and pretty well trained.

We have an enclosed ‘dog area’ at the side of the house where we let them out after meals (and in between if they ‘ask’) to go to the toilet.

We also let them out in the back garden but one of them has taken to peeing on our new composite decking, once one does it they all like to follow suit

I’ve tried spraying the area with vinegar/water/citrus oil mix which did seem to help a little... I also bought an enzymatic spray cleaner... but neither have stopped the problem completely and I feel as though I am on permanent pee patrol

With winter approaching they tend to spend less time in the garden so perhaps this will give me an opportunity to break the habit?

Any top tips to nip this in the bud or are we doomed to chillaxing on our lovely new deck in a shallow pool of dog pee?

Thanks.

Ali x

Edited at 12:02 PM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I find Tilly likes to pee in certain spots constantly which has kindly given us a few brown spots on our lawn. 🙈
Can you cover or block the decking for a period of time?
There is also a spray, not sure what it is called, but it deters dogs snd cats 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can you block off the deck area at all?

Or go back to toilet training again and reward when on the good areas and not on the bad until they learn not to?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Reward heavily when they pee on right areas.

Clear up pee on decking with enzyme cleaner and don’t make a fuss.

They’ll get the idea soon enough

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Thanks all.

After a full weekend on Pee Patrol it is definitely one of them that is the ring leader so I have been rewarding him particularly when he goes elsewhere

Thanks for all your feedback

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a male boxer and he pees up and on everything that doesn't move. Although he has cocked his leg up ruby, our other boxer as well. All the pots and garden furniture have marks on them. He also pees up the line post and plants.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Having given this some more thought...

Our puppy Chip is 8 months old. With our other 3 dogs, they were all neutered at 6 months...

Chip has not been done yet.

The dog who is peeing in the wrong places is Max and he is at the bottom of the hierarchy and so I am wondering if the fact that Chip has not been done yet is contributing to the problem?

Anyway, just me rambling on...

Ali x