Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Sep 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Avis preferred

Can anyone tell me if you name is on the board with your car details do you still need to go to the kiosk or can you just drive away ? I presume you still need to go to the kiosk to add and extra driver 🤔
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

If you’ve not already added an extra driver then yes you will need to go to the kiosk in the car park, I’ve found the name on the board hit and miss so times my names on it others it isn’t , but just takes a couple minute s at the desk to sort. If it’s on the board just got to the allocated space to get your car, check all paperwork thou first before you drive off to ensure they haven’t added anything on
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
If you’ve not already added an extra driver then yes you will need to go to the kiosk in the car park
Do you know how to add a second driver before arriving in the US? Is it possible? I wondered if since it will be same 2 drivers as last year I'd be able to add my second driver before arriving in US
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When my brother in law came with us in 2016 we added him as a 2nd driver at the depot in Miami. All very straight forward. This is from BA.com

Additional drivers can be booked and paid for at the same time as your car rental on ba.com. Alternatively, you can arrange this directly with the depot on collection (the charges for the second driver will be payable locally). The second driver will need to present a full driving licence and credit card in their name on collection of the vehicle. A minimum age restriction may apply to second drivers, which varies by depot; please contact us for more information.

If you are a member of the British Airways Executive Club or Iberia Plus, you are entitled to a free second driver with all pre-paid Avis car rental booked via ba.com or over the phone with us. Simply provide your Executive Club or Iberia Plus account number at the time of booking – we do not require the name of the second driver and you do not need to book this on ba.com. The second driver does not need to be an Executive Club member, however they will need to present a full driving licence and a credit card in their name, on collection of the vehicle. Where applicable, a young driver surcharge may apply. If you have an existing booking and you didn't provide your Executive Club account number at the time of booking, please call to let us know that you require a free second driver added and we will arrange this for you.

Please note that the free additional driver does not apply to Budget car rental.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

I chatted with the US Avis site last night, and they confirmed to me that if the second driver is your spouse, you do not need to visit the kiosk! This is a mega-bonus IMO! I'm currently waiting on the transcript of the chat being emailed to me for confirmation, and as a bit of back-up
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
I chatted with the US Avis site last night, and they confirmed to me that if the second driver is your spouse, you do not need to visit the kiosk! This is a mega-bonus IMO! I'm currently waiting on the transcript of the chat being emailed to me for confirmation, and as a bit of back-up
We went to the kiosk one year but they only wanted to see DH's drivers licence wvem though we had mine as well. They said the spouse is automatically covered.

Having booked earlier today my booking said Avis preferred hadn't been added to my booking as our credit card on the Avis profile has expired. Does anyone know if I update the card details whether we can add avis preferred to the booking online or over the phone so we can go straight to the garage?
Old 26 Sep 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We went to the kiosk one year but they only wanted to see DH's drivers licence wvem though we had mine as well. They said the spouse is automatically covered.

Having booked earlier today my booking said Avis preferred hadn't been added to my booking as our credit card on the Avis profile has expired. Does anyone know if I update the card details whether we can add avis preferred to the booking online or over the phone so we can go straight to the garage?
You can email Avis and get them to add the booking to your account

avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
You can email Avis and get them to add the booking to your account

avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk
Thanks. I've emailed BA to ask but if I have no luck with them I'll try contacting Avis sometime.