Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Oct 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile Keeping Tally...QSDP Vs OOP

Just 10 days until we're off until the magical land. We're a family of 4 staying at Port Orleans for 10nights with the quick service dining plan.

We last visited 2 years ago so imagine us now as being the same but a bit older!

Last time we had DDP but didn't want so many reservations to keep to or be spending so much in tips.

The purpose of this report for me is to keep track of how much we would've spent if not using credits. Future trips probably won't fall within Free dining dates so would it be worth adding it on? Probably not but we'll soon find out!

We have 9 yr old J & 13 yr old Z. He is the definition of a fussy eater, she eats anything.
Then there's me & S. I'm a veggie with an intolerance to mushrooms (yes I promise that's a real thing!) & he like Z eats anything & everything.

S & Z want more of these

J will be going for lots of this. Or nuggets 🙈 nothing green or 'funny looking'

Disappointed we won't get to demolish one of these bad boys again

Js sweet tooth has no limits. They'll be lots of ice cream & cookies being hunted down.

We do have further plans for after Disney, a cruise & a Clearwater stay but no sure I'll include that. See how it goes!

Still lots to do before we go but excitedly watching our countdown getting smaller
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Thursday 24th is our pre travel day, it's also when I say goodbye to these beautiful fools

Once I've stopped crying we'll be heading down to Gatwick. It's a fair drive for us from the West Mids & dinner will be enroute. But don't raise your expectations too high, it's probably going to end up being a delicious nutritious stop off

Along with snacks for a car picnic. I promise it'll be slightly better reading the next day!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Friday 25th is our travel day. We're BA to Tampa at 11.45.

Our eating starts with breakfast at our hotel as it was included in the rate. Hampton by Hilton buffet goodness

But 1 breakfast on holiday isn't enough is it 🐷 so once through security we'll be heading to mylounge to fill up a bit more!

We'll probably pick at the plane food, eat some over priced unhealthy snacks bought at the airport & our last meal of the day will be at Riverside. Disney time 😁

We do have some fastpasses booked at HS in case we're up for a bit of park time but think that's probably too optimistic. We will grab our refillable mugs though so J can get his hot chocolate fix before sleep for the lot of us.
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Love your Tangled photo! It's so close now. Will be following along.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Have a fab trip. I'm looking forward to reading about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Will be following, have a safe journey and a fab holiday.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I know I really can't believe it's only a week to go
Started MNSSHP tops last night, made the cruise magnets, finished off the fish extender & packed up the gifts. Printed all our documents off & sorted through the kids clothes, definitely getting there now. Stressing over leaving the dogs, they're both senior & the lighter brown of the 2 is a poorly girl. But my parents are having them and they'll be treated like doggy royalty I'm sure.

Our only other real plans for food are

Saturday 26th, Be our guest breakfast. Have pre-ordered but want to make a couple of changes. Typlically MDE is playing ball though We've eaten here before & it was ok, aslong as I get my cronut I'm happy.

Nom. Thanks DFB for the pic

Then Garden Grill breakfast on the 28th.
New to us, being paid for with the gift card. Reviews look good and I'm excited to give it a go. Who doesn't love waffles with a side of cheeky chipmunks at 8am. This sticky yumminess heavily swayed my choice

Other than that there'll be loads of snacks, whatever QS meals we fancy & of course some F&W festival goodies.
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

This sounds like it will be a great trip! We did DDP earlier this month for the first week of our trip (beauty and the feast report in my signature) and tallied it all up. We got more than our money’s worth had we bought the plan, so hopefully it’s the same for you!

Edited at 11:10 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Have a great trip. Looking forward to seeing the prices vs free QSDP... something I wished I’d kept track of. Enjoy!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ooh we are 10 nights at POR next year with QSDP so will be following along with interest in your QSDP v OOP! Have a fab holiday x

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List