Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Keep the house on the market. You don't know anything about their house and it may take a long time to sell (I'm saying this because mine is for sale and is a bit quirky and may take ages)
How do they know they can even afford the asking price if they haven't sold? They may not get the asking price for their house.
I agree with the poster who suggests the agent is just trying to keep your business. Tell the people who offered thank you very much, let me know when you can proceed you just have to hope I haven't sold it elsewhere by then
My estate agent isn't even allowing viewings from people who aren't ready to proceed. Anyone not ready is just sent a house interior video so they can keep it in mind if they like it
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

My son made an offer of full asking price on a house the week after it was advertised. It was accepted. I did think of the time if it was me if have negotiated more, but with hind sight it was fairly priced and it meant the sold sign went up straight away.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst there is a very nice offer of the asking price, the potential buyer cannot proceed.

It may even be that this seller has also placed an offer on other properties and will make a decision between them when they are able to proceed themselves.

It may be that the potential buyer has a difficult to sell home or even that they are reliant on achieving an unrealistically high price for their own.

It may be that this buyer has placed themselves in this position many times before, but never taken it to completion.

If it was me selling (and it is not), I would accept the offer in principle in these uncertain times, but insist that my Estate agent got details of their property, ensured that the price being asked was realistic/achievable and then demand fortnightly updates as to their position.
I would also instruct the Estate agent to continue actively marketing the property until such time as the person offering had an offer on their own property.
I would put this in writing, monitor Zoopla and Rightmove on both properties.. and insist on all the above in writing/email in order to evidence your position. I would even send in an friend’ to my Estate agent and (if near), there’s, seeking details relevant to the properties in question.

I trust nobody, particularly in an unregulated industry where no qualifications are mandatory.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
In my mind it’s great to have an offer but those buyers are not yet in a proceedable place. I would say thank you for your offer, let me know when you become proceedable and keep Mum’s house on the market.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Leave on market. Assuming they are not able to proceed until theirs us sold. You may get someone who can buy cash or has sold theirs.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Are they cash buyer or mortgage (many mortgage offers are being withdrawn due to current employment market) - I would keep it on the market for sure and would only really be interested in either a cash offer or proof that sale had gone through and mortgage offer is still current . The estate agent should do for you all of that for your mother without asking.

I am buying at the moment and provided proof to agent I had the cash ready to proceed which strengthened me as a purchaser and meant I could drive a hard bargain but also meant the seller knew I was not going to pull out due to Covid job issues etc (which is happening a lot in London as you can imagine) - the market is fluid at the moment and right time For both sides to be tough

Edited at 08:53 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
My estate agent isn't even allowing viewings from people who aren't ready to proceed. Anyone not ready is just sent a house interior video so they can keep it in mind if they like it
If I had my house on the market but not yet sold and an estate agent gave me that answer to viewing a house I was interested in it would get scratched from the list of possible purchases unless it was truly exceptional. I can understand sending a video as a first step, but refusing a viewing from someone serious could mean missing out on that right buyer.

I agree that as a seller I would not take a house off of the market unless the buyer is in a position to proceed, and as a buyer would be accepting of the seller taking that position.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
That is becoming very usual - 2 upmarket estate agents in London have that very stipulation which as a buyer made my life easier and as a potential seller suits me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
That is becoming very usual - 2 upmarket estate agents in London have that very stipulation which as a buyer made my life easier and as a potential seller suits me
I agree, until so done has the cash/mortgage or a buyer they are not proceedable therefore in the current situation I would not allow viewings unless the property is empty and certainly would not be accepting offers.

My response would be 'Thank you for your offer we will keep it under consideration until you are in a proceedable position'.

Keep the house on the market.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If I had my house on the market but not yet sold and an estate agent gave me that answer to viewing a house I was interested in it would get scratched from the list of possible purchases unless it was truly exceptional. I can understand sending a video as a first step, but refusing a viewing from someone serious could mean missing out on that right buyer.

I agree that as a seller I would not take a house off of the market unless the buyer is in a position to proceed, and as a buyer would be accepting of the seller taking that position.
Not viewing a house until you’ve sold is normal at the moment. My parents have been told this by 7 different estate agents.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List