Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Since when did ...

One day of heat constitute a heatwave in the uk ? I know sunny days are rare and the heating came on on Wednesday ( can you remember that far back 😂&#128514 but one day of nice weather and the country is going bonkers !
Just going to put a load of jumpers in that we’ve worn the past week
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
One day of heat constitute a heatwave in the uk ? I know sunny days are rare and the heating came on on Wednesday ( can you remember that far back 😂&#128514 but one day of nice weather and the country is going bonkers !
Wouldn't mind but the sun is not even cracking the flags here, those pesky clouds are hiding it 🤣🤣
Suppose its giving the tumble drier a day off though 😉🤣🤣
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm on second load of washing, taking full advantage of drying weather instead of having a house that resembles a Chinese laundry lol... OH out cutting last of hedges after not bring able to cut them for weeks... Rather him than me, off to asda later to loiter in freezer aisle and then work purely for the air con 😂😂😘
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When we compare our temps to France etc etc ours are nothing to write home about. However all the Health and Safety warnings have been on BBC Wales News.

Has common sense died a death and we need warnings to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen? Beggars belief.

As an aside we have done loads this last week, lots of anoraks/coats washed, gardening done albeit some work needed with the hedge trimmer.
Too hot to wash the car though until Monday.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I’m used to the heat. Work in a hospital where it’s always at least 100 degrees especially when I’m in the kitchen with the massive regens on.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I had a winter roll neck on yesterday in the morning until about 1 then I had to change to a vest top - the weather is very bizarre this year . I thought I was the only person getting irate at them saying a heatwave and it’s just for one day ! 😂
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
When we compare our temps to France etc etc ours are nothing to write home about. However all the Health and Safety warnings have been on BBC Wales News.

Has common sense died a death and we need warnings to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen? Beggars belief.

As an aside we have done loads this last week, lots of anoraks/coats washed, gardening done albeit some work needed with the hedge trimmer.
Too hot to wash the car though until Monday.
Hope you abided by the risk assessments when undertaking all those dangerous activities!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I am in south France - 40C here today! Though earlier than usual we do often get weeks on end of high 30s!

We have all shutters shut and will keep all doors shut!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I work for the NHS and it always feels like 33’ on the wards. They still had the heating on in my ward up until yesterday 😩 They won’t allow us to wear scrubs till it gets to a certain heat over a 5 day period so have to suck it up! With asthma and cardiac problems I’m staying indoors today with the fan on!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Lovely the last 2 days but looks like rain here this afternoon and tomorrow. The sun was shining but now dull. Got the family room curtains washed dried and rehung yesterday so that was great. Ds went off to work yesterday in a massive jumper couldn’t believe it told him he would melt but his reply was not when I’m walking home at midnight I won’t.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List