Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Anybody have a ring doorbell and also the flood light?

Hi
I’m considering the ring doorbell for my front door and also the flood light with camera for the back garden.
There’s been quite a number of sheds broken into and also dogs pinched from gardens around here these last few months
Has
Anyone had these items and have a review of them before I spend all that.
Also out two drives are behind our house and outside the gated back garden am I legally allowed to have the camera cover the drove as well as
Long as it doesn’t co er the footpath at the front of them
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have the doorbell and camera, but not the floodlight model.

No problem here, the only thing is you need good strength WiFi for them to work well. We’ve answers the door all over the world, which is quite funny.

The camera on the back is connected to their solar panel so I only need to charge it once a year (not enough sunlight in the mid winter as my garden is east facing). I have it for home security and keeping an eye on the dog when he’s out during the day in his run.
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

We have the doorbell and love it, 18 month ago sitting on a plane waiting to taxi when the postman rang, quick answer to tell him to leave it next door 😂
Old 29 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We have the pro doorbell, 2 floodlights front and back and the spotlight at the side.

The only one I wouldn’t recommend is the spotlight. It’s a battery one and offers less functionality than the wired cameras.

The floodlights are great as is the pro doorbell. I wouldn’t be without them, particularly when we’re away.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

I'm very tempted to get a ring doorbell too. If you have a Costco membership you get 6 months free where they record activity from the doorbell. Otherwise you can pay for it or go without.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I'm thinking of having one. When we were in Canada my friend who lives in New Hampshire had her Ring go and she showed me someone was at her door & asked them what they wanted as she was busy, they just said it was a courtesy call she said no thanks and we watched them walk off - brilliant idea.
But you have to say how long it will be before people cotton on to the fact that your not there and the house is in fact empty!
Old 29 Jun 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
I'm very tempted to get a ring doorbell too. If you have a Costco membership you get 6 months free where they record activity from the doorbell. Otherwise you can pay for it or go without.
Oh yes I do have a Costco membership I’ll look into it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I have the doorbell, 2 floodlights, a camera for the back and side etc... the only thing I'd say is, like others have said, you need to make sure of a very solid wifi signal otherwise no matter where you are, you just dont get an image for ages and then whoever it was has left.

I'd also recommend signing up to the ring status email list because they do have a LOT of technical issues and at least knowing about them stops you thinking it's your side.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Mobile

Luckily my WiFi is excellent
We have bt fibre into the house as it’s a new build I don’t think it’s gone down while we have been here
Old 29 Jun 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkyweb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Its no so much the signal into the house (fibre) but the actual quality of WiFi throughout the house which is supplied via your hub.
On the whole ours is OK (BT Homehub5) but every so often it suffers a little but this only affects the chime and not the doorbell itself.

I'm considering getting the extender thingy with chime attached and have one upstairs and one downstairs. Great products and thinking about a camera for the back garden.

May be worth waiting for Prime day as Amazon own Ring, they may have extra discounts!
sparkyweb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List