Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

I like you cannot have HRT due to medical conditions. I have now been referred to the Menopause Clinic. Hopefully they will give me some ideas of what can help.
I got through Peri Menopause fine albeit mood swings, occasional flushes, weight gain etc but the Night sweats I can't cope with along with the daytime flushes and joint ache.
Here's hoping something comes from the clinic
Maybe ask your doctor if you can be referred?
Old 18 Jan 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I cant take HRT either and my GP put me on a low dose of beta blocker which does help a bit. I have read good things about the anti-depressants though. Hope you get some relief soon.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad its not just me … I could sit and cry some days when I have to go to work .I have to function on a couple of hours sleep .I have tried most of what everyone else uses apart from magnet .Don't fancy having paper clips stuck to me every time I get up . Just shows what works for one doesn't always work for another . My routine at the min that's the best so far is cold room , This Works sleep spray and 2500gm sage tablet . Cant believe there isn't a cure for this yet ...Bet if BLOKES suffered there would be lol 1
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been going through the menopause since 2012 and I've tried quite a few things.
GP said no to HRT and she basically told me to go away and just get on with it.
I tried the magnet which didn't work for me. I used the wellsprings serenity cream for about a year and it worked really well for me then they improved it and it stopped working for me.
I recently started taking evening primrose oil tablets and they do seem to be helping a bit.
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone for replying. My gp has given me Citalopram to try. She took my bp and as it was 104 she decided against clonidine as she thought I would pass out on it as it reduces bp further ☹️ There were a few others I couldn’t have with having the lupus anticoagulant as well ☹️. Fingers crossed the flushes reduce and I can can some sleep. It’s an awful thing to endure every night and my heart goes to any fellow sufferer . I just want to be normal again xx
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I have suffered really bad hot flushes during the day and night. I am currently taking magnesium and turmeric and black pepper. The flushes have reduced since taking the turmeric. I haven't been able to stop the murderous feelings I get though and I have to take myself away from everyone and tell them to keep their distance. DH thought I was just being totally moody and moaned all the time about it until I nearly ripped his head for nothing one afternoon. I hope I am getting closer to the end now as my periods can now be 4 or 5 months apart but then occasionally I can have two in the space of 6 weeks.

Its a tough time and I feel for us all.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
My chill pilllow came this morning, it’s weighs a tonne but is so frosty to touch without being in the fridge . I am road testing it tonight
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
harty
Excited about Disney

I take evening primrose oil, starflower oil and menopace (normal version) and soy isoflavanes. This seems to be working so far - fingers crossed anyway. Not been to the GP yet, trying to put it off as long as possible. My last period was October - I had nothing until this and then the flushes and night sweats. Hoping it will be over soon ...

it Disney get much better than this
harty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
My chill pilllow came this morning, it’s weighs a tonne but is so frosty to touch without being in the fridge . I am road testing it tonight
How’s it going ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
How’s it going ?
I’m not too bad thank you. I’m on fluoxetine which is helping and has reduced the flushes down but I do have a few intense ones still around 5am but I am getting a good 6hrs sleep , I just feel tired alot though. The tablets are desensitising me though so I’m going back to talk about that And the tiredness . The chillow is really good though.
How’s everyone else ?
Sept 24 POFQ