Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Mickey & Minnie Runaway Mine Train *updated with opening March 4th*

Good evening,

Does anybody know when this is likely to be opened? I have read online that it is to be Spring 2020, just wondered if anyone had heard any sort of rumour of a more specific date?

On top of this, anybody care to guess whether it's going to be a tier 1 or tier 2? We can book FP+ around middle of March, so hoping we will be able to book one then!
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Until Disney make an announcement nobody knows when it will open or what tier it will be, that's assuming it has fast pass. The Star Wars ride doesn't at the moment. Everybody on here is just a normal punter like you and nobody knows any more than you know.

Edited at 08:45 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

There is nothing specific. It was supposed to open in summer ‘19 but was pushed back.
We are going in May ‘20 and I am holding out hope for this ride and ratatouille one but until there is an official date then it’s only guesses.

I’m gonna take a guess and say that neither these two rides I would like to be open will be in May. I think they will both be pushed back.
I think they will both go into tier one. I also think by May that Star Wars and toy story will be tier ones in Hollywood.

These are my predictions
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

WDW are marketing March-May 2020 discounts to U.S guests and emails are heavily themed around Runaway Railway so hopefully it's safe to assume that it will open within that period.
Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
There is nothing specific. It was supposed to open in summer ‘19 but was pushed back.
We are going in May ‘20 and I am holding out hope for this ride and ratatouille one but until there is an official date then it’s only guesses.

I’m gonna take a guess and say that neither these two rides I would like to be open will be in May. I think they will both be pushed back.
I think they will both go into tier one. I also think by May that Star Wars and toy story will be tier ones in Hollywood.

These are my predictions
Yeah I am hoping as we are going in May as well, in fact I have just seen that we are going on the same day as you! We have done the Ratatouille ride a few times in Disneyland Paris and even though it's amazing, we aren't too bothered if that isn't open and I have read that is likely to be Summer.

I did also read that they are going to do a big shake up of the Fast Pass tiers in Hollywood Studios as it leans heavily towards tier 1... I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Historically a lot opens in May at WDW so we are hoping for May2020 but I did hear a rumour it has had technical difficulties.

I think the other Star Wars ride is due to open this year.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Disney just got a building permit to cover until the end of June 2020 so if you are going before this date your chances of riding are extremely slim. Touring Plans is now showing it as not available for my trip which is a real shame when before the 2nd November it was showing as avilable so they are thinking mid June at the earliest

touringplans/hollywood-s...unaway-railway

The construction permit for this attraction was extended on November 2, 2019, to run through June 30, 2020.

Edited at 10:37 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I think the other Star Wars ride is due to open this year.
December 5, 2019
lovewdw is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

These are my predictions
Is the ratatouille ride also going to be at HS?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Is the ratatouille ride also going to be at HS?
Its in Epcot
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List