Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’ve never withdrawn with any CC. Vast majority of places accept card so I’ve always just paid there and then with card. When they charge for overseas payment transactions that’s when I’ll look elsewhere
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

The major change is this new requirement to better manage people who are continuously in debt and if they are not seen to be managing that the lender is going to be obliged to stop further lending. Hopefully that won't effect many (if any) on here.

They have bundled a bunch of other things into the same update, but the driver for the notification is the debt management side. People should be getting the same kind of update from other credit card providers.

As people say if cash isn't the reason for having the card (and there are better alternatives for this) then the Halifax Clarity still appears to be one of the best options as an international credit card.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

ive not had anything through about the changes
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

I’ve received the letter, but I can’t see anything in the Guide to Changes about fees being applied to cash transactions.

Yes, it says they exist (because this is a generic set of terms for their credit cards), but in section A5 (Fees and Charges) of the letter I received, the amount of fee for cash transactions in any currency says N/A.

I take this to read there is still no charge for ATM withdrawals, apart from any levied by the ATM operator, and interest charged from date of withdrawal. This would be no change. Am I missing something?
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Same no letter here. Are the changes to do with withdrawing cash from it? If so I don’t use it for that. I only use for card transactions abroad.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Same no letter here. Are the changes to do with withdrawing cash from it? If so I don’t use it for that. I only use for card transactions abroad.
Don’t think so as we withdrew cash (in Japan as it’s very much cash based) and have not received a letter either.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
my letter arrived through the post on Wednesday, and I've never used my Clarity card to withdraw cash.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
I’ve received the letter, but I can’t see anything in the Guide to Changes about fees being applied to cash transactions.

Yes, it says they exist (because this is a generic set of terms for their credit cards), but in section A5 (Fees and Charges) of the letter I received, the amount of fee for cash transactions in any currency says N/A.

I take this to read there is still no charge for ATM withdrawals, apart from any levied by the ATM operator, and interest charged from date of withdrawal. This would be no change. Am I missing something?
This is the way I read my letter (arrived today) too 🤔 Can't see that a fee has been added?

I just like to know I *can* get cash if I *need* to with minimal interest, though my usual is to take a small amount of dollars with me and use the card at every opportunity.
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
We have this card as well but never use that or our post office one for cash withdrawals always just purchases, also take dollars but most spending goes on the cards and then just paid in full when the statement comes in.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We take cash with us so these changes won’t affect us

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List