Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Kitchen purchasing help please. Updated

I know there are a million threads on here about kitchen renovations (I think I have read them all ) but would love some help. Tomorrow we are off to Magnet to look at kitchens but we really don’t have a clue where to start. We are seriously adverse to DIY so everything will be done by trade (dh is good with technical things but loathes diy only doing it if he has to.). This is our kitchen layout :

As you come in to the kitchen from utility room we have a single cupboard , the dishwasher, sink cupboard then a single door cupboard which goes deep into the back of the kitchen (absolutely useless and can’t see anything in the back, we then have a set of 4 drawers next to the oven, then single cupboard then an inter grated fridge/freezer which takes you almost flush to the kitchen door into the hall. We also have 2 cupboards on the wall before the hob and single cupboard after the hob flush to the fridge freezer.

We were thinking of putting an eye level oven where the fridge freezer is and perhaps putting cupboards and an under counter fridge along the wall as you come into the kitchen from the hall, thinking of putting a tall freezer into the garage as we hardly use the freezer so not needing to always be in it. Would this make the kitchen too crowded. It is big enough to eat in and we have a large rectangular table but would like a smaller round table. We also have a radiator on the wall opposite to oven etc.

Any suggestions, things to ask, pitfalls we could fall into etc would gratefully be appreciated.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have a look at DIY kitchens, we got ours from them for almost half price
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We bought our kitchen from Benchmarx. With regards to your corner cupboard we have this and love it. Definitely worth the money.

Old 17 Jan 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We bought our kitchen from Benchmarx. With regards to your corner cupboard we have this and love it. Definitely worth the money.

Your cupboard looks similar to mine it goes deep into the back. That is one of the storage solutions that we were thinking of.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Rob
Thanks. Just had a look and there are some nice kitchens and they look really well priced. Our problem would be where would we start. Do you find a joiner, electrician, plumber first then purchase or by the time you pay for all these services do the kitchens come out at the same price? Oh the decisions are a minefield. We have only ever bought new build houses so the decision was out of our hands just choose the style and colour, never owned a house for this long before.
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Rob
I found about DIY kitchens on here and was not disappointed
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Your cupboard looks similar to mine it goes deep into the back. That is one of the storage solutions that we were thinking of.
We also have this. I feel the other makes better use of the space but not sure our plates etc would have fitted in the metal baskets on that. I think this was quite a bit cheaper.

Old 17 Jan 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Lisbon;14245491]Have a look at DIY kitchens, we got ours from them for almost half price
Rob[/QUOTE

Was doing a planner yourself easy to do rather getting sales person to do it
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We also have this. I feel the other makes better use of the space but not sure our plates etc would have fitted in the metal baskets on that. I think this was quite a bit cheaper.

Mine is like that too, I store the casserole dishes, tupperware and all stuff like that in there.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Just don't use Wren kitchens as hear lots of complaints about them and are abysmal with dealing with any issues. Have no idea how they are rated excellent on trust pilot as it bears no reflection on what I have heard

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List