Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dessie Belle
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by mick View Post
PS to the above.

Forgot to say that another option on Friday was to change our flights to LGW - back to where they were when we booked. What was point of us doing that and be waiting for them to cancel that option shortly.

Mick
Thanks for all the info Mick. It's a waiting game I fear. I can't believe they gave you the option to switch to the LGW flight! Really hope that's not a sign the flights are likely to operate. Just keeping everything crossed for everyone in my position

DL California: Apr 1990/Apr 1992/Mar 1994/Jan 2000/Feb 2002
Dessie Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dessie Belle View Post
Thanks for all the info Mick. It's a waiting game I fear. I can't believe they gave you the option to switch to the LGW flight! Really hope that's not a sign the flights are likely to operate. Just keeping everything crossed for everyone in my position
I think we were realistic enough to know that flights would not be going to LGW in two weeks time so all we would have done was delay the "refund" phone call for a few days. The guy did try to sell us the LGW option as it would delay the refund a bit but I just dug my heels in.

I'm sure you'll be sorted soon. Just stay determined.

Just waiting to see what happens to our LGW-TPA next April.

Mick
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Our flights BA Lgw to MCO on 11th - 25th Nov are still showing as live but considering our ESTA's have been cancelled and they are not open for renewal then we can't get on a plane plus of course Trump still isn't letting us in. We had only just renewed our ESTA's before we travelled in March (shut down happened whilst we were there) but I bet they don't honour the remaining time we should have left on our ESTA's. But mustn't grumble we are still fit and well.
ESTA's can be renewed, several people have posted recently to say that they've done them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
zom414
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Dessie Belle View Post
Really appreciate this info. I'm getting very concerned now though as both my outbound (BA2037 on 5th Nov) and inbound (BA2036 on 16th Nov) flights are still on this schedule! I'm obviously not going regardless, but really worried I'll lose the money for 2 fully paid for club world tickets. Please let them cancel! Not sure how long to wait before calling them?
Like you I'm sweating on the flighths being cancelled as we fully paid for them.

I go on the 02 Nov (BA0207 LHR - MIA) but my return flight on the 16th is the same as yours.

I've just checked my online booking though and they have changed my seats on the 02 Nov flight as well as the flight time. It was supposed to depart at 0935 hrs and now it's been changed to depart at 1405 hrs. Not had any contact to tell me that this has changed so would this be enough of a change for me to ask for a refund? Don't think it will be but thought I'd ask.

I did speak to BA CS last week and they just said flights still going at the moment but they could be cancelled the day before.
zom414 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zom414 View Post
Like you I'm sweating on the flighths being cancelled as we fully paid for them.

I go on the 02 Nov (BA0207 LHR - MIA) but my return flight on the 16th is the same as yours.

I've just checked my online booking though and they have changed my seats on the 02 Nov flight as well as the flight time. It was supposed to depart at 0935 hrs and now it's been changed to depart at 1405 hrs. Not had any contact to tell me that this has changed so would this be enough of a change for me to ask for a refund? Don't think it will be but thought I'd ask.

I did speak to BA CS last week and they just said flights still going at the moment but they could be cancelled the day before.
I would contact BA 0800 727 800 and ask if a refund is applicable as the new flight time is more than 240 minutes (it was changed from 2 to 4 hours recently). Your new flight time is the BA 209 so they have cancelled the BA 207 that you were originally on also so that should also qualify you for a refund.

Edited:- The above information was not relevant as zom414 later went on to say they had booked through an agent and it looks like they had booked a holiday not a flight. So all refunds will have to go through their agent not BA.

Edited at 02:10 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
zom414
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I would contact BA 0800 727 800 and ask if a refund is applicable as the new flight time is more than 240 minutes (it was changed from 2 to 4 hours recently). Your new flight time is the BA 209 so they have cancelled the BA 207 that you were originally on also so that should also qualify you for a refund.
Just had a call from my TA telling me that the outbound flight has been cancelled by BA and I will be getting a complete holiday refund. Flight still showing as active on my BA account though but probably not filtered through yet.

The TA said it could take at least a couple of months before I get the money back though, not in that much of a hurry but I thought there was a time limit for refunds or am I talking rubbish?
zom414 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zom414 View Post
Just had a call from my TA telling me that the outbound flight has been cancelled by BA and I will be getting a complete holiday refund. Flight still showing as active on my BA account though but probably not filtered through yet.

The TA said it could take at least a couple of months before I get the money back though, not in that much of a hurry but I thought there was a time limit for refunds or am I talking rubbish?
Sorry I didn't realise you had booked through an agent as you didn't say in your previous post - in that case all refunds have to be done through them. For most flight only/BAH bookings made direct refunds have been dealt with days not weeks or months (if it has been a more complex booking it can take longer) but I would certainly keep checking with your agent as some have sat on refunds without paying their customers.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Paulhumby
Having Dinner with Goofy

Had our BA flight for 21st Nov from LGW to TPA changed to MCO but return flight on 3rd Dec is still TPA to LGW
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Paulhumby View Post
Had our BA flight for 21st Nov from LGW to TPA changed to MCO but return flight on 3rd Dec is still TPA to LGW
The change from arriving into Tampa to Orlando would entitle you to a full refund if you want one from BA if booked directly - if booked through a travel agent then you need to approach them.
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

In a previous conversation with BA, I was advised that if at -3 weeks, your flight is still going but the FCO advice is still not to travel to your destination, BA say you can ring & ask for a refund.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List