Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Oct 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 15 - Winter Park & Millers

The index is here.

Saturday 10th August 2019

DW had a list left over from the last trip and it was based north of International Drive so we decided to make a day around it. Breakfast at Teaks Neighbourhood Grill, then have a quick shop in Altamonte Mall. The plan was to then head off to Winter Park for a boat trip then maybe down to Old Town and grab some food at Frogger’s Burger Bar and watch the car show.

If you’ve read to this point, you’ll see there’s a trend happening; we’re going slightly off plan again

Breakfast at villa (again have to love Eggos) then we decided to drive to Winter Park; we found a parking space near the entrance to the boat trip and walked down to the counter. I cannot tell you how hot it was and we were dithering about sitting on a boat for an hour in this heat. Have to say it was more me and DD1 dithering than DW and DD2; by the time we decided to go on it, we missed the boat so we waited another 20 mins to get on the next one.

It was a really lovely hour on the boat; the Captain was full of information and knowledge; it’s fantastic to see the houses on the lake and hear the stories behind them. There was so much to see.

It cost $56 (£46.28) for the four of us and you can’t book in advance. I would thoroughly recommend this, it wasn’t too hot on the boat as there was enough wind from the lake to make it a pleasurable trip.

We passed a farmer’s market on the drive in, so we walked down the main road and had a look in some of the shops; nice to see the rental company got the memo about changing the minivan for something better

The farmer’s market was quite small; it had fruit and veg stalls, along with trees, bushes, plants and a sweet lemonade stand.

We thought about looking around for a restaurant, but none us knew the area and we couldn’t see one to hand, so DD1 asked how far the nearest Shake Shack was; so we took a detour on the way home for a Shake Shack.

DD1, DW and I had Double Shack burger and DD2 had 10 chicken bites; we shared 2 cokes and 2 fries. The only photo I took was this one as DAY 11 has the photos.

The burgers were amazing and the cost was $46.66 (£38.56). On the way back to the villa, we stopped at Posner Park; had a quick look in JC Penney and Books a Million. We chilled at the villa, DDs had a swim; then we got ready and went for dinner at Millers Ale House.

We went at least twice on our last trip so already looking forward to it

We started with drinks; DDs had Coke Zero, DW a Bud Lite and I had a Kona Longboard; we had Pot stickers and Zingers for starters

They’re so delicious that I think we could eat them every day; for our mains, I had Creole Jambalaya, DD2 had Filet Mignon, DD1 had Chicken Fajitas and DW had Flat iron with Boom Boom shrimp.

All of the food was delicious; I wanted something different from fries and the Jambalaya was first class. The cost was $130 (£107.43); I do think it’s slightly expensive here but the food is very good and we’ve never had a bad meal; I also like the sports bar theme and wish I could spend all day trying out the draft beers. I really wish we had something like this in the UK. We went back to the villa and played Uno

It was a relaxing day today but a fantastic day; I’d thoroughly recommend the scenic boat trip around Winter Park and it’s nice to look around another area in Orlando away from Disney; lunch and dinner were delicious.

There will be no discussion of off-plan tomorrow; we’re off to KSC, then depending on what time we leave and how we feel, we might pop into the Outlets on the way home. Maybe even Applebees for dinner? Day 16 can be found here

Edited at 05:32 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have done the boat trip a couple of times and really enjoyed it. We also went to The Morse Museum of Tiffany glass some lovely stuff in there.

Joan

Edited at 09:54 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We have done the boat trip a couple of times and really enjoyed it. We also went to The Morse Museum of Tiffany glass some lovely stuff in there.

Joan
ooo, that sounds like something to add to the list for the next trip :-)
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mightyfraz View Post
ooo, that sounds like something to add to the list for the next trip :-)
Rather than drive up the I-4 next time we plan to catch the Sunrail train. Station is about a 10 minute walk from the lake and it's ridiculously cheap - something like $5.50 for two senior returns. We can catch it around a 10 minute drive from the villa.

Joan