Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Palm Parkway or State Road

I have Hawthorn Suites booked - for anybody who knows the area are there many restaurants/take-out places nearby? We won't have a car and will be Uber-ing to/from the parks but would consider moving this to somewhere else if there's nothing much around this area. I've also been looking at the Holiday Inn Resort LBV on State Road which has a few places nearby plus the outlets aren't too far a walk for us but this is another £200 and doesn't include breakfast so I don't know if it would be worth sticking with the Hawthorn or moving the booking. Ideally we want to be near a couple of restaurants and a grocery store. Any advice on either of these or other recommendations would be gratefully received.

Edited at 05:10 PM.
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at the Hawthorn suites on Palm Parkway. If this is the same one then I would well recommend it. 10-15 walk down the road there are lots of shops and restaurants including Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, Sweet Tomatoes and many more. Nice place and close to Disney Springs..
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Plenty, there's a few on the Parkway and more where it meets the 535. Short walk or couple of mins Uber to :
Winn Dixie supermarket
Ihop
Millers
Twin Peaks
Romano's
Chilli's
Chevy's
McD's
Hooters
and more
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Plenty, there's a few on the Parkway and more where it meets the 535. Short walk or couple of mins Uber to :
Winn Dixie supermarket
Ihop
Millers
Twin Peaks
Romano's
Chilli's
Chevy's
McD's
Hooters
and more
Thanks, that's great and quite a lot to choose from it seems.
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Squiggly2902 View Post
Thanks, that's great and quite a lot to choose from it seems.
You can see them all on this map link

google/maps/place/Ha...!4d-81.4981637
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
We have stayed at the Hawthorn suites on Palm Parkway. If this is the same one then I would well recommend it. 10-15 walk down the road there are lots of shops and restaurants including Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, Sweet Tomatoes and many more. Nice place and close to Disney Springs..
Thanks, that's great.
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
I think Sweet Tomatoes has gone now which is a shame as has the last Goodings Supermarket in Florida
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've always stayed on Palm Parkway, and my brother stays yearly. None of drive over there. There's load of restaurants within walking distance and if you're up for it Disney Springs is a 30-40 min walk away aswell! There's a small grocery store near by. We're not staying there next trip as want to try I-drive, but sure will miss the area.