Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am finding January is speeding by, but then I have been very busy planning my upcoming birthday party. My wife is the only guest but I plan to make it a special event and I’m trying desperately to get a Colin the Caterpillar cake from Marks and sparks but I won’t go in shops and no delivery slots are available🥲.
I'm sure Sandra will make you a Colin
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I'm sure Sandra will make you a Colin
But it’s what she would put in it that would concern me😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

No - but I have been super busy with work I've not have time to think straight. I am amazed it's the 20th already!
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

It has definitely been long. I also feel like we’ve had some crazy weather in my area. First we had snow and ice and now we’ve got floods like we have never seen before. We very rarely get snow here and floods are unheard of. Roll on spring and let’s hope for less rain.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Got pay day early (on Friday ) so Jan for me ends then. Then a long Feb. All due to being paid before Xmas last year.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Too looooong
And more of the same to look forward to until maybe Easter
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I am finding January is speeding by, but then I have been very busy planning my upcoming birthday party. My wife is the only guest but I plan to make it a special event and I’m trying desperately to get a Colin the Caterpillar cake from Marks and sparks but I won’t go in shops and no delivery slots are available🥲.
I have a similar problem, I forgot to add a Colin the Caterpillar cake to my online shopping order this week, so now will be without a birthday cake for my big day 😭
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Perhaps you could get some profiteroles instead?
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Yes! Feels as though Christmas was months ago
What Christmas not all of us had Christmas. For our part of Essex we had Christmas banned 5 days before the event and expected to watch large parts of England still enjoy the day albeit on a smaller scale than had been initially mentioned.

We are both now getting thoroughly depressed especially as this time of the year we are normally found in the Caribbean instead of cold wet England. There seems no end in sight to this. First it was we will look at easing the lockdown middle of February, moved back to end of February, then March. Although they are making noises about Easter somehow I doubt they will allow Easter to happen.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by JAF View Post
What Christmas not all of us had Christmas. For our part of Essex we had Christmas banned 5 days before the event and expected to watch large parts of England still enjoy the day albeit on a smaller scale than had been initially mentioned.
To be fair you still had Christmas. You just didn’t get to mix with other households.
Big swathes of the country were in the same boat. Lots of people’s family were too far away to travel there and back to on one day.
I didn’t get to see any of my family as we had planned it for Boxing Day, to allow my Dad to see the ‘other side’ on Christmas Day as they live walking distance apart. So it was just my husband, myself and the dog. We of course still celebrated Christmas. Just a quieter one than normal.

I’m not disputing that it is highly unfair and incredibly depressing though. Just that it wasn’t necessarily tier 4 specific