Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Dec 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

One other thing. You get rubber wrist bands for Aquaventure now. No need to attend the desk each day for a new band as they last for the duration of your stay!

Edited at 12:48 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Wow so we dont need to have a test at all ? I was just about to ask you where’re yo had yours (as Emirates website just say anywhere that you need to have one done privately ... not overly helpful) ? Also did you just use your regular travel insurance with the emirates asa top up ? (Sorry too many questions - please feel free to ignore if too personal)

Sounds like Dubai is really opening up for business
You still need a test, you can get it on arrival at the airport now. Personally, I would never risk that in case of asymptomatic positive test as you would then have to isolat3 at a government facility for 14 days.

I’ll stick with the PCR before I go.

The airport test is complimentary so some may choose that for convenience and because it’s free.

We registered with Pure Health AE (directed from Emirates website) and paid £115 for the PCR test. You can book an appointment at one of 6 Boots stores in London, we chose Brent Cross as that’s our nearest. Your test results are then loaded onto the official portal by Boots and emailed to you.

We have AXA travel insurance with our bank and the included Emirates COVID cover.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
One other thing. You get rubber wrist bands for Aquaventure now. No need to attend the desk each day for a new band as they last for the duration of your stay!
That’s good, it’s such a pain queuing at the desk each morning all 8 of us to get our bands.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
You still need a test, you can get it on arrival at the airport now. Personally, I would never risk that in case of asymptomatic positive test as you would then have to isolat3 at a government facility for 14 days.

I’ll stick with the PCR before I go.

The airport test is complimentary so some may choose that for convenience and because it’s free.

We registered with Pure Health AE (directed from Emirates website) and paid £115 for the PCR test. You can book an appointment at one of 6 Boots stores in London, we chose Brent Cross as that’s our nearest. Your test results are then loaded onto the official portal by Boots and emailed to you.

We have AXA travel insurance with our bank and the included Emirates COVID cover.

That is so very helpful to know - thank you so much, Like you I would def have the PCR test before I go for sure and will investigate where I can have it but living in London I should be able to find one. I will re-check for insurance tho - that is what makes me nervous as once had an asthma attack out there and the bill came in over £10k and that was over a decade ago so bloody good insurance is a must (for me)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

That is so very helpful to know - thank you so much, Like you I would def have the PCR test before I go for sure and will investigate where I can have it but living in London I should be able to find one. I will re-check for insurance tho - that is what makes me nervous as once had an asthma attack out there and the bill came in over £10k and that was over a decade ago so bloody good insurance is a must (for me)
Yikes! If you have declared your asthma then you should be able to pay a bit extra to have it covered. I think we pay approx £35 per year to cover my husbands asthma. It’s worth checking with your insurance company. Insurance is always the big one for me, I won’t go anywhere without full cover for everyone.
Old 15 Dec 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

One other thing I discovered today... Saffron at Atlantis has had a complete refurb. Looks nothing like it did before and is much lighter and modern. The red colours have completely gone!
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Hi looking at booking 5 nights for Feb half term next year.
2 adults and 2 kids (12 & 13)
Any hotel recommendations? Have been looking at Atlantis and Sofitel so far.
Want to do a waterpark and Burj Khalifa. What other must do’s are there for a family?
Thanks
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkertangled View Post
Hi looking at booking 5 nights for Feb half term next year.
2 adults and 2 kids (12 & 13)
Any hotel recommendations? Have been looking at Atlantis and Sofitel so far.
Want to do a waterpark and Burj Khalifa. What other must do’s are there for a family?
Thanks
I haven’t been - but I do work in travel and Dubai is a big seller for me, I would recommend The Atlantis, JA Beach or Jumeirah Beach as you’ve got kids travelling with you

The Atlantis is on my list!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I haven’t been - but I do work in travel and Dubai is a big seller for me, I would recommend The Atlantis, JA Beach or Jumeirah Beach as you’ve got kids travelling with you

The Atlantis is on my list!
I tend to use adult hotels so cant help you except Atlantis has a huge reputation for being family friendly and yet to see any bad reports about it. BUT Feb half term is very high season and will, in normal times anyway, sell out quickly (as well as being peak price season) - I usually go in February and book a year out for my hotel as I want the same hotel (indeed same suite for c20 years) Flights are plentiful if you are doing a DIY so can always wait out for sale (even in Feb)

Edited at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I tend to use adult hotels so cant help you except Atlantis has a huge reputation for being family friendly and yet to see any bad reports about it. BUT Feb half term is very high season and will, in normal times anyway, sell out quickly (as well as being peak price season) - I usually go in February and book a year out for my hotel as I want the same hotel (indeed same suite for c20 years) Flights are plentiful if you are doing a DIY so can always wait out for sale (even in Feb)
We’re adults only - but we’re big kids at heart so I definitely want to go to The Atlantis one day 😂 I’ve seen some of the hotels you’ve mentioned either in this thread or another one last year, and I do love them! I can see myself going to Dubai a few times definitely.

I am nervous of going there though. I think I’m putting it off!

MF is completely right - there are so many flights you won’t have any trouble finding ones to suit I’m sure!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List