Notices

Old 8 Jun 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It seems a bit silly to continue to post about a trip we’re cancelling but I feel like I need to round it off!

We’ve heard from Virgin and they’ve confirmed an open ticket. We’ll need to wait until November to do anything about rebooking but I’m hoping it’ll be a straightforward process once flights are released.

I’ve also heard from Universal today to say they’ll give us equivalent annual passes to ours for 3 months. The offer doesn’t expire and we’ve just to go to guest services on our next visit.

As you will know still no word from Disney. I’ve found a decent price for the Dolphin for next year which would be better than a moderate if there’s no free dining so I’d like to get this sorted soon.

I’ve still to hear from the airport hotel and the Universal hotel is still sitting with Hotwire. I’m tempted to contact Hard Rock Hotel direct to enquire about cancellation but I suspect they’ll just direct me back to Hotwire.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad that you seem to be getting a lot of your deposits back and that you've been able to get your universal APs extended for your next trip. I'm sure by next year things will be more back to normal. Fingers crossed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad that you seem to be getting a lot of your deposits back and that you've been able to get your universal APs extended for your next trip. I'm sure by next year things will be more back to normal. Fingers crossed.
Thanks. It’s so depressing doing everything in reverse though . I think documenting it all in the PTR is helping, like I’m undoing it all and starting from zero for next year.

I feel so bad for you and everyone else going within the next few weeks. I would say we were almost lucky with Marie not working because it became a financial decision and forced our hand a bit. I know that sounds daft but sometimes it’s easier when you’re undecided. You want to go but you know that so many things are going to affect it that you don’t really want to go!

On the plus side, we’ve reserved a puppy! Not born yet so not definite but hopefully something to take our minds off not going this year!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I have been staying away from the Dibb because it's making me too sad at the moment so I am a little late to see your cancellation news.

I am so sorry to hear you've decided to cancel.

A puppy sounds wonderful though, I was very broody for a new kitten when I was furloughed. Do you have any pictures?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I have been staying away from the Dibb because it's making me too sad at the moment so I am a little late to see your cancellation news.

I am so sorry to hear you've decided to cancel.

A puppy sounds wonderful though, I was very broody for a new kitten when I was furloughed. Do you have any pictures?
No it’s not born yet so we don’t know for sure we’ll get one. It’s on pre-order .

To be honest, it looks now like VA won’t even be flying from Glasgow in September. Marie and I were just chatting about how we’re glad we more or less decided weeks ago that we weren’t going as it’s made it easier to accept all the bad news updates. I think if we had still held out some hope we’d just be crying in the corner now .

Anyway, some more good news - in the expectation of no free dining and no offer from Disney at all we’ve booked the Dolphin with Travel Republic for £15 deposit and free cancellation. I will be constantly looking to see if I can get it cheaper or if Disney offer something later in the year but at least it’s locked in just in case I don’t. It’s cheaper than POFQ so if no free dining it’s a better deal.

Are you still hoping to go this year?

Trip Report Index
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Pre-order

The Dolphin sounds great! We are already booked for next year and were paying for DDP. If there's still no Dining Plans next year we'll definitely be questioning our choice

We're still hoping to go this year but we're very unsure about what our trip will actually look like

Currently, it's a 8 day North East road trip and then 6 days at the Beach Club, but depending on what happens with Disney we may move offsite or to Universal. Beach Club is a heck of a lot of money for a sub-standard experience, and no Dining Plan gives me anxiety, I don't want to be penny pinching.

Obviously we have time on our side but Disney as it currently stands is not appealing to me, I would rather do some other Florida things that are new to us and get a dose of Disney by visiting resorts and Disney Springs.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Pre-order

The Dolphin sounds great! We are already booked for next year and were paying for DDP. If there's still no Dining Plans next year we'll definitely be questioning our choice

We're still hoping to go this year but we're very unsure about what our trip will actually look like

Currently, it's a 8 day North East road trip and then 6 days at the Beach Club, but depending on what happens with Disney we may move offsite or to Universal. Beach Club is a heck of a lot of money for a sub-standard experience, and no Dining Plan gives me anxiety, I don't want to be penny pinching.

Obviously we have time on our side but Disney as it currently stands is not appealing to me, I would rather do some other Florida things that are new to us and get a dose of Disney by visiting resorts and Disney Springs.
I agree. If it’s not the normal experience I don’t want it. I think if we were in a different position financially we may have gone ahead and switched to Universal but part of me feels like that may have been worse, being so close to Disney. I feel ok with out decision not to go. I’d just like to hear from Disney so we can properly plan next year. The Dolphin is a back up plan but like you I’d prefer Disney with dining plan.

I think you’ll enjoy your trip whatever you decide.

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well that’s that then. Disney offering free cancellation or move to next year if you don’t want to continue with the current booking for this year. I’ve gone for cancellation as there’s no advantage I can see in moving to next year.

I’ve had no response about the airport hotel so who knows what will happen there. Also don’t know what’s happening about Hard Rock Hotel. I suppose if it turns out VA aren’t flying then insurance may be an option for getting that back.

Anyway, that’s the pre trip report over. Look out for 2021!

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well that’s that then. Disney offering free cancellation or move to next year if you don’t want to continue with the current booking for this year. I’ve gone for cancellation as there’s no advantage I can see in moving to next year.

I’ve had no response about the airport hotel so who knows what will happen there. Also don’t know what’s happening about Hard Rock Hotel. I suppose if it turns out VA aren’t flying then insurance may be an option for getting that back.

Anyway, that’s the pre trip report over. Look out for 2021!
I don’t quite know appropriate response to this whole situation. Looking forward to hearing about 2021!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I don’t quite know appropriate response to this whole situation. Looking forward to hearing about 2021!
Thanks. I don’t feel quite in the frame of mind to start the 2021 pre trip report yet . Maybe once flights are booked in November.

I’m not really in much of a different position to many other people. I suppose I didn’t just want to leave the pre trip report hanging!

Trip Report Index