Notices

Old 27 Jan 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The ADRs

With the finalising of the plans, I have also managed to firm up the list of ADRs that I plan to book in a couple of weeks.

Magic Kingdom

Tony's Town Square festival of fantasy package lunch This first came onto my radar with Goldia's 2019 trip report and I've since seen several more positive reviews so it has made it onto the list. We have only ever watched the parade from frontierland so I'm looking forward to the view from main street.
Liberty Tree Taven lunch I had wanted to do this for the sticky toffee pudding right back in 2015 on our first trip but it was closed for refurbishment so it has finally made it onto the list this time.

Crystal Palace breakfast This is an old favourite of ours. We've done it on both our previous trips. Last time the girls were over the moon to find the ice cream machine out at breakfast. I'm not sure if they were meant to be using it but they certainly started a trend of people with bowls of ice cream.

Epcot

Garden Grill breakfast We really enjoyed the last time and with our pre park opening ADR we managed to get on Soarin' before the park opened.

Teppan Edo dinner We've not been here before but it was on Hattie's must do list so we're going to give it a try.

Space 220 (maybe) dinner DH has heard about this and is very keen to eat here. It will depend on whether it is on the dining plan/how many credits it is/how much it costs OOP. I have recently heard end of March for opening so it shouldn't be long before we get some answers. I'm not yet sure what we might book instead if this doesn't work out.

Maybe one more restaurant lunch or dinner I may book one more Epcot meal as we are staying so close. I'm not sure where though so if you have any suggestions please feel free to chip in.

I'll update with the other two parks and resorts tomorrow.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
The ADRs

With the finalising of the plans, I have also managed to firm up the list of ADRs that I plan to book in a couple of weeks.

Magic Kingdom

Tony's Town Square festival of fantasy package lunch This first came onto my radar with Goldia's 2019 trip report and I've since seen several more positive reviews so it has made it onto the list. We have only ever watched the parade from frontierland so I'm looking forward to the view from main street.
Liberty Tree Taven lunch I had wanted to do this for the sticky toffee pudding right back in 2015 on our first trip but it was closed for refurbishment so it has finally made it onto the list this time.

Crystal Palace breakfast This is an old favourite of ours. We've done it on both our previous trips. Last time the girls were over the moon to find the ice cream machine out at breakfast. I'm not sure if they were meant to be using it but they certainly started a trend of people with bowls of ice cream.

Epcot

Garden Grill breakfast We really enjoyed the last time and with our pre park opening ADR we managed to get on Soarin' before the park opened.

Teppan Edo dinner We've not been here before but it was on Hattie's must do list so we're going to give it a try.

Space 220 (maybe) dinner DH has heard about this and is very keen to eat here. It will depend on whether it is on the dining plan/how many credits it is/how much it costs OOP. I have recently heard end of March for opening so it shouldn't be long before we get some answers. I'm not yet sure what we might book instead if this doesn't work out.

Maybe one more restaurant lunch or dinner I may book one more Epcot meal as we are staying so close. I'm not sure where though so if you have any suggestions please feel free to chip in.

I'll update with the other two parks and resorts tomorrow.
I'm so glad you've choose Tony's Town Square, it's such an under-rated restaurant. We did the parade package in 2018 and loved it. The view of the parade is amazing, if you stand in front of the flag pole you can see it come right down Main Street plus the food in Tony's is so nice too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you thinking of LTT, that ooey gooey toffee cake looks amazing doesn't it.

at the girls in Crystal Palace, if you can't have ice cream for breakfast in Disney World when can you?!

I also heard March for Space 220, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your choices x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm so glad you've choose Tony's Town Square, it's such an under-rated restaurant. We did the parade package in 2018 and loved it. The view of the parade is amazing, if you stand in front of the flag pole you can see it come right down Main Street plus the food in Tony's is so nice too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you thinking of LTT, that ooey gooey toffee cake looks amazing doesn't it.

at the girls in Crystal Palace, if you can't have ice cream for breakfast in Disney World when can you?!

I also heard March for Space 220, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your choices x
Glad to hear you enjoyed Tony's. I really can't wait to try that toffee cake. I'm hoping to do a trip report so I'll be sure to let you know what we thought of it.

I think the ice cream for breakfast is one of their best memories of the whole trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

ADRs continued...

Sorry for the break in proceedings. I decided it really was time that I got off the dibb and got some sleep.

Hollywood Studios

Sci Fi Dine In lunch We did this one on our first trip we all enjoyed the food. The choice at HS is quite limited so have decided to revisit.

Hollywood Brown Derby fantasmic meal package This is a new one for us. I have wanted to do a fantasmic package for a while now. We did Hollywood and Vine on our first visit and weren’t overly impressed. It was a toss up between here and Mama Melrose but initially this was in the plan the day after Tony’s Town Square and I felt the food at Mama Melrose would be too similar. This has now moved to later in the holiday so I may do Mama Melrose instead to save a credit although DH thinks the menu at HBD is much better.

Animal Kingdom

Yak and Yeti dinner We really enjoyed this on our first visit but didn’t visit last time so it’s made it back onto the list for this trip.

We fancy trying the burgers and sundaes quick service meal at AK this time and Flame Tree BBQ is also a good QS option so we have less table service places here.

Resorts

Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner This is becoming a bit of a family tradition. We have loved it on both of our trips and as we are staying at the beach club this time it was a no brainer.

Artist Point dinnerThis is the ADR I am least certain on. Evie’s favourite Disney film has been Snow White ever since she was small so this is the dream meal for her. There are however a lot of terrible reviews and she will probably eat pretty much nothing on the menu! I think the experience would be great but we will hopefully be doing MNSSHP so will meet all the dwarfs there. Is a whole meal really worth it just to meet the evil queen? I think I’m going to show her the menu and let her choose one way or the other. If we don’t do this we may do Whispering Canyon Café instead as I have never visited Wilderness Lodge and would really like to have an excuse to do so.

Chef Mickey breakfast This was a real surprise for us last visit. We changed plans and were looking for a last minute same day dinner and this popped up. We really enjoyed the dinner and the atmosphere so we’ve decided to give it a go for breakfast this time.

California Grill dinner This is another place we've never been before but it gets lots of great reviews and visiting the Contemporary is a good excuse to ride the monorail so it is on the list.

The keen eyed among you may have noticed that this is in fact more than the 14 credits each that we have available to us. If I include the possible extra meal in Epcot and assume that Space 220 will be available on the dining plan for 1 credit then I have 17 credits.

In some of the restaurants I plan to pay OOP for Evie to have a childrens meal and will hopefully be able to save enough of her credits that way for us to have 15 meals without too much extra cost. I guess unless I shave another couple off the list (or Space 220 isn't DDP or I switch HBD to Mama Melrose), I will be paying OOP for two and will have a look nearer the time to see which two would be the best.
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Glad to hear you enjoyed Tony's. I really can't wait to try that toffee cake. I'm hoping to do a trip report so I'll be sure to let you know what we thought of it.

I think the ice cream for breakfast is one of their best memories of the whole trip.
I look forward to following along I'm not surprised, when we went to 1900 Park Fare Noah's face was a picture when he seen gummy bears for breakfast it's the little things isn't it! x

ADRs continued...

Sorry for the break in proceedings. I decided it really was time that I got off the dibb and got some sleep.

Hollywood Studios

Sci Fi Dine In lunch We did this one on our first trip we all enjoyed the food. The choice at HS is quite limited so have decided to revisit.

Hollywood Brown Derby fantasmic meal package This is a new one for us. I have wanted to do a fantasmic package for a while now. We did Hollywood and Vine on our first visit and weren’t overly impressed. It was a toss up between here and Mama Melrose but initially this was in the plan the day after Tony’s Town Square and I felt the food at Mama Melrose would be too similar. This has now moved to later in the holiday so I may do Mama Melrose instead to save a credit although DH thinks the menu at HBD is much better.

Animal Kingdom

Yak and Yeti dinner We really enjoyed this on our first visit but didn’t visit last time so it’s made it back onto the list for this trip.

We fancy trying the burgers and sundaes quick service meal at AK this time and Flame Tree BBQ is also a good QS option so we have less table service places here.

Resorts

Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner This is becoming a bit of a family tradition. We have loved it on both of our trips and as we are staying at the beach club this time it was a no brainer.

Artist Point dinnerThis is the ADR I am least certain on. Evie’s favourite Disney film has been Snow White ever since she was small so this is the dream meal for her. There are however a lot of terrible reviews and she will probably eat pretty much nothing on the menu! I think the experience would be great but we will hopefully be doing MNSSHP so will meet all the dwarfs there. Is a whole meal really worth it just to meet the evil queen? I think I’m going to show her the menu and let her choose one way or the other. If we don’t do this we may do Whispering Canyon Café instead as I have never visited Wilderness Lodge and would really like to have an excuse to do so.

Chef Mickey breakfast This was a real surprise for us last visit. We changed plans and were looking for a last minute same day dinner and this popped up. We really enjoyed the dinner and the atmosphere so we’ve decided to give it a go for breakfast this time.

California Grill dinner This is another place we've never been before but it gets lots of great reviews and visiting the Contemporary is a good excuse to ride the monorail so it is on the list.

The keen eyed among you may have noticed that this is in fact more than the 14 credits each that we have available to us. If I include the possible extra meal in Epcot and assume that Space 220 will be available on the dining plan for 1 credit then I have 17 credits.

In some of the restaurants I plan to pay OOP for Evie to have a childrens meal and will hopefully be able to save enough of her credits that way for us to have 15 meals without too much extra cost. I guess unless I shave another couple off the list (or Space 220 isn't DDP or I switch HBD to Mama Melrose), I will be paying OOP for two and will have a look nearer the time to see which two would be the best.
I've heard good things about HBD, we didn't rate the food in Mama Melrose but many other reports do so I think may have just been our tastes.

I look forward to seeing your return to Yak N Yeti, we have it planned for the next trip too after so many great reviews

Paying OOP for Evie is a great idea and will hopefully help in saving some of the credits. I think it's better to have extra restaurants than not enough. Not long until ADR day now X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks like you've got a great balance of character meals and fancy restaurants.

You're right I think the mama Melrose meal is better off not being next to the Tony's meal as they are both Italian restaurants.

A good idea to book up the Snow White meal and then see if the menu appeals. Do you know what though I think it would be worth going there just to meet the evil queen, especially as it's your daughters favourite movie. You may remember that we didn't have a great meal there, so possibly it's a surprise that I would recommend you go, but if snow white has been her favourite movie for so long then I think it's worth it.

For the other restaurants, many I've commented on before so you probably already know my thoughts on Cali Grill and Garden Grill they are fab great to add to your plans.

We've been to Teppan Edo back in 2016 and really loved it, we also went to an offsite restaurant that is the same set up in 2017, Kobe Steakhouse and that was fab, plus it was much cheaper. I'm sure you will all love it as it's so much fun to watch the chefs they are very talented.

Ha ha you're using more credits than you've got, it's really hard to narrow down isn't it? I'm waiting to see if space 220 gets added to the DDP it would kind of be simpler if it's not included, but we'll have to wait and see.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I look forward to following along I'm not surprised, when we went to 1900 Park Fare Noah's face was a picture when he seen gummy bears for breakfast it's the little things isn't it! x

I've heard good things about HBD, we didn't rate the food in Mama Melrose but many other reports do so I think may have just been our tastes.

I look forward to seeing your return to Yak N Yeti, we have it planned for the next trip too after so many great reviews

Paying OOP for Evie is a great idea and will hopefully help in saving some of the credits. I think it's better to have extra restaurants than not enough. Not long until ADR day now X
I agree that extra restaurants is better than not enough. Sadly we haven't picked too many restaurants where we'll be able to pay OOP for Evie because all the buffet and character places are out, plus I believe the festival of fantasy package and fantasmic package will both be out too. I think that just leaves Yachtsman, Sci fi, Yak and Yeti, Cali Grill, LTT (I'm not 100% sure on this one but think it should be OK as lunch is a la carte? ) and possibly one extra meal at Epcot. I'm also not too sure about Teppan Edo. That does actually seem quite a lot now I come to list them

I was thinking that Sci fi would probably be a good one to pay for OOP but looking at menus this evening it would seem that the fantasmic package at HBD would be less than 2 Sci fi meals (cheapest main, dessert and a drink) so maybe that would be the one to pay for if I need two extra.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks like you've got a great balance of character meals and fancy restaurants.

You're right I think the mama Melrose meal is better off not being next to the Tony's meal as they are both Italian restaurants.

A good idea to book up the Snow White meal and then see if the menu appeals. Do you know what though I think it would be worth going there just to meet the evil queen, especially as it's your daughters favourite movie. You may remember that we didn't have a great meal there, so possibly it's a surprise that I would recommend you go, but if snow white has been her favourite movie for so long then I think it's worth it.

For the other restaurants, many I've commented on before so you probably already know my thoughts on Cali Grill and Garden Grill they are fab great to add to your plans.

We've been to Teppan Edo back in 2016 and really loved it, we also went to an offsite restaurant that is the same set up in 2017, Kobe Steakhouse and that was fab, plus it was much cheaper. I'm sure you will all love it as it's so much fun to watch the chefs they are very talented.

Ha ha you're using more credits than you've got, it's really hard to narrow down isn't it? I'm waiting to see if space 220 gets added to the DDP it would kind of be simpler if it's not included, but we'll have to wait and see.
I may well decide we don't want to pay any extra and get rid of a couple before we get there - it's OK - even I don't believe me.
We have however cancelled ADRs the day before if we change plans when we're there. When I told DH we had a couple of extra ADRs, he was all up for upgrading to deluxe dining. I had to tell him that although it is pricey, two meals were really not going to cost the £2000 that deluxe dining would.

I have told Evie about Artist Point and she seems quite keen so I think it will stay. I was half expecting that she wouldn't want to meet characters so much this time but it seems she does.
Old 29 Jan 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I am really enjoying reading along with your plans so far! Your ADR day is so close now it seems like you have a good list of what you want!

The girls have grown so much since you first started visiting Disney - I hope mine are the same and still enjoy it as they get older. What lovely memories they are for you all! Looking forward to following along with you x
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I am really enjoying reading along with your plans so far! Your ADR day is so close now it seems like you have a good list of what you want!

The girls have grown so much since you first started visiting Disney - I hope mine are the same and still enjoy it as they get older. What lovely memories they are for you all! Looking forward to following along with you x
Thanks for reading along. Yes less than two weeks until ADR day now but I do feel fairly prepared with the list of what I'd like to book and approximate times.

I loved looking back at all the old photos. As much as the girls do love the bigger rides now they are older, they do still love Disney too.
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We enjoyed Storybook Dining, I know it gets mixed reviews but we were lucky and the food was great. I was a bit worried about Alex there as he is quite picky, but he had the adult chicken and enjoyed it. They also have chicken tenders on the children’s menu and i’m sure could do it as a bigger portion (though the children’s one was big anyway!)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List