Old 12 Jan 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Help - Ticket dilemma

Hello Dibbers

I was thinking of taking advantage of the 14 days for 7 disney tickets, but I’m worried about whether we’ll actually get to go because of COVID. We’ve got flights booked from end of Dec 2021 (booking moved from Summer 2020).

I contacted Disney to see if the tickets could be used at a later date if we can’t travel in Dec because of COVID. Below is the reply
We do wish to advise that Theme Park tickets are non-refundable once purchased and the validity date cannot be amended. If you are not able to use the Theme Park tickets prior to their expiration date, it would not be possible to use them at a later time.

I’m really surprised. I thought Disney was being understanding re.COVID. Anyway, I’m now reluctant to shell out with all the uncertainty, but having to pre-book theme park days will mean we’re unlikely to get to a park at end of Dec. What are others doing?
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

We are booked for Aug. We normally do offsite and buy our own tickets.

This time we are going to wait until we are definitely sure travel is on before committing. We’ll see what park availability is and if there’s still enough, we’ll get tickets. If not we’ll skip Disney this year and do other things. I’ve always been kinda looking for an excuse not to do Disney. As much as we absolutely love it, it seems a shame we miss out on so much other stuff to enjoy Disney.

Like yourself, there’s no way I’m going to risk dropping £2.5k on tickets that we might not be able to use. That’s why we got last years tickets refunded instead of rolling them over to expire at the end of 2021 and hoping we get to go.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
We are booked for Aug. We normally do offsite and buy our own tickets.

This time we are going to wait until we are definitely sure travel is on before committing. We’ll see what park availability is and if there’s still enough, we’ll get tickets. If not we’ll skip Disney this year and do other things. I’ve always been kinda looking for an excuse not to do Disney. As much as we absolutely love it, it seems a shame we miss out on so much other stuff to enjoy Disney.

Like yourself, there’s no way I’m going to risk dropping £2.5k on tickets that we might not be able to use. That’s why we got last years tickets refunded instead of rolling them over to expire at the end of 2021 and hoping we get to go.
My husband is keen to give Disney a miss as well, but kids are still Disney mad. I think your plan is good and we’ll probably do much the same
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Same issue here. I've booked my disney tickets for beginning of September but only with a deposit. I want to pay and make park reservations but was told by the ticket company my tickets will expire end Dec and its up to disney of they allow refunds etc if we cant travel due to covid. So no idea what to do
Old 13 Jan 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

I had been in talks with orlando attraction tickets about possibly changing to next year . They said they couldn't do anything with my Disney tickets as we had to link to be able to book park days but said we could go to ticket booth and pay difference in price from this year to next year for any tickets that had expired but not used . Decided to see if we get cancelled for this year