Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What was your most memorable moment on your wedding day

Over on the covid thread there's a couple of nervous brides wondering if our 2021 weddings would go ahead,

So to take our minds off the doom & gloom and get us excited for our big days,

What was your most memorable moment of your wedding day?

And how many guests did you have?

Here's me and John at our venue abbeywood estate

Xx

Edited at 11:14 PM.
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We ran an amateur theatre group, so loads of theatricals in the crowd. Flash mob singing “Wot a picture!” from Half a Sixpence” outside the church - I’ll never forget it.

The other long-lasting memory was putting a bridesmaid through the side window of the house to open up as we’d locked ourselves out!

Edited at 09:11 PM.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We ran an amateur theatre group, so loads of theatricals in the crowd. Flash mob singing “Wot a picture!” from Half a Sixpence” outside the church - I’ll never forget it.

The other long-lasting memory was putting a bridesmaid through the side window of the house to open up as we’d locked ourselves out!
That sounds like so much fun! 🤣
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

when I surprised my wife on our honeymoon night and booked us into a travelodge on a motor services with all the amenities we needed (WH Smiths, McDonalds, Starbucks etc).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
25 February 1967

The whole day was a highlight and here we are still together nearly 54 years later.

We had 60 guests for a ham & tongue salad and sherry trifle. Glass of sherry on arrival and another for the toasts. 12/6 a head. Weddings were a bit more low key in those days.

St Thomas's church in York

Mick

Edited at 09:31 PM. Reason: Terrible maths - 54 years later not 55
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
25 February 1967

The whole day was a highlight and here we are still together nearly 55 years later.

We had 60 guests for a ham & tongue salad and sherry trifle. Glass of sherry on arrival and another for the toasts. 12/6 a head. Weddings were a bit more low key in those days.

Mick
You both look lovely 😍😍
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
when I surprised my wife on our honeymoon night and booked us into a travelodge on a motor services with all the amenities we needed (WH Smiths, McDonalds, Starbucks etc).
Wow I hope John does the same for me 😊
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
25 February 1967

The whole day was a highlight and here we are still together nearly 55 years later.

Mick
Lovely picture, and Joan looks so much like Emma here!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We were married in Mexico in 2007 and had a lovely relaxing day with beautiful weather, but my overwhelming memory is of popping back to the room after the photos to change (I was melting!) and realising I couldn’t get out of my dress without help. I ended up walking around the corridors until I found someone to help me with the zipper 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just memories of a calm, fun, friends and family day. We had worked so hard in prep. It was so good having people say how 'us' and how welcomed people felt. We had about 70 people. Our kids all played important roles, it was a team of my old youth group who were servers and ran the day. So relaxed ... with some hints of Disney throughout!

caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List