Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
markibak
Helping Mickey

Originally booked a Deep South trip for September last but moved it to May this year. We are now in the process of moving it to November which I'm reasonably optimistic for.
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We also have wdw booked for September , I’m more optimistic about that one, may one I’m seriously not hopeful for , it was moved from last year to this , guessing we will be moving it again by the looks of it, still holding out hey ho

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We have a trip to Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Washington and Oregon which was due to be last September. I've redone it all from 23 August this year.

Hopefully we'll be able to go, depending on borders being open etc. If we can't cross to America for border/isolation reasons then I've also booked a PLAN B for the second part of the holiday, just staying in Canada. All booked on free cancellation basis.

Optimistic that we will have had our vaccinations by then, so fingers firmly crossed.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Booked a week in Chicago in April in the last avios flights sale but 99% sure this won't go ahead.

A little more optimistic about Marbella at the end of May but I'm not banking on anywhere outside europe until back end of the year. Already had Japan flights in August cancelled by BA (which at least meant I could get a refund - starting to get slightly nervous that all the vouchers I've picked up expire in April 22!)
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I've got 3 holidays to the US booked this year

First one is with my DD in April for her 18th birthday to Philadelphia and Washington DC

Second is our rescheduled summer holiday from last year flying in and out of Orlando but driving North to Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina

Third was booked last weekend for the end of Sept/beginning Oct for a weeks whistle stop road trip around Lake Michigan with just us adults once my DD has settled into Uni.

They have all been booked as fly drives with BA so will just get another voucher if need be. All hotels and accommodation I have booked are with free cancellation or with credit from last year and will book excursions and tickets nearer the time when things are a bit clearer.

Having to wear masks isn't a deal breaker for us but really don't want the extra expense of having to test negative on arrival in either country.
Surely by the summer once both countries have the majority vaccinated then restrictions will be eased, or is that just wishful thinking?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
October half term to New York, we only booked it because we were watching home alone 2 over Christmas 😂
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

New York in December(should have been December just gone). I really hope we can go. Four holidays cancelled so far ☹️
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve got a road trip booked starting in Phoenix and ending in San Francisco in Late May/June. I’ve booked 13 hotels over a 4 week period. I’ve still got everything crossed we can go.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Due to go end of june to Maine to stay with family and also Thanksgiving to friends in Daytona before picking up a Caribbean cruise... we'll see
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Five nights in NYC booked as a BA package. It’s in mid June and I’m not completely optimistic we will go (for a number of reasons) but it is fully cancellable / amendable so I’m relaxed on that. I hope by say mid April it will be possible to be more certain about whether it will go ahead or not, and if not, I’ll change it at that point.