Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jan 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Maldives

Any help appreciated.

Thinking of going to Maldives next February 2022 Going with daughter, son in law, grandsons 6 + 4.

It's a beach holiday for them, hopefully things will be better by then and daughter who is a doctor can get time off and give her a relaxing time.

Maldives is always somewhere we have said we will visit, it's not our usual holiday, we like touring around etc but I know the grandsons will really enjoy it and my daughter can relax.

We have a few musts, also not our usual
All inclusive
Sea plane transfer
Beach villas/rooms (dont want the kids in over water bungalows)
No party vibe
2 or 3 different restaurants
Nice beach

So any ideas would be lovely. It's going to be a blow out so cost is not important, we will all fly BA club direct.

Thank you
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve been but that was Soneva Fushi which was far too quiet and boring for your needs. My friends go once a year to the Jumeirah property with their 3 young boys and say it’s the best resort they have been to,
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I would have a look at Kuramathi - which is slightly bigger and has 9 restaurants included with the al a crate all inclusive. But things to do for the kids if they get bored. A few bars, but still a really relaxed vibe. Sea plane transfers available, beach villas and bungalows available.

No news, no shoes! This is one of the ones we are looking at for our honeymoon. Absolutely perfect island!

I REALLY want to go to Emeralnd Island - but the cost for us is definitely too much, worth looking at though if there’s no budget. (Maldives is hard when someone says no budget, Maldives can be £1000pp for a week, to £15,000pp for a week!)

Xx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh also I have friends who live in Dubai who regularly fly to the Maldives (there now as it happens) and they love the Conrad
Not sure if these meet all your requirements but they are a starting point
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Veliagndu. Much more intimate and personal than kuramathi, kurumathi is superb, veligandu is as good and much more intimate. That said I still managed to bump into an old friend there, but it really is small.

If you want more entertainment etc than perhaps kurumathi beats it, but kurumathi is not an intimate honeymoon destination in my opinion, veligandu most definitely is.

Sitting in our hot tub, watching dolphins in the horizon, just paradise
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We've been to 3 different islands (Kuredu, Meedhuparu & Huduranfushi) and it's by far our favourite holiday destination (other than WDW of course!) all 4 of us dive & love being in the ocean so that plays a large part of our holidays also. Kuredu has even got a kid's club now as it's so popular with families.

There are SO many island that meet that criteria, it's all about fine tuning exactly how much luxury you want, some won't allow children into the over water bungalows anyway, some will, it varies.

The only islands I'd rule out are sun island & Paradise island, these don't get the best reviews all the others are just varying levels of luxury.

Watch the flight times, some companies will sell you flights with no consideration to the sea plane times, and have you waiting at Male airport for hours for your seaplane transfer, you really don't want that after flying east.

If you want to upgrade your room, consider doing it there, when we've upgraded to a water bungalow there have been some great deals to be had on the island, FAR less than doing it when booking.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Have a look at 'Imagine Travel' for the Maldives, they know all the places to avoid and are a fantastic travel agency for above and beyond support and advice
They are a sister company to Scot Dunn, so you know you will be in good hands.
Ellis is the person to ask for, she really knows her onions lol.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Thank you to everyone for your help, I am still trying to decide as there are too many good places. My daughter has started a spreadsheet to help decide!

Thanks again
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Any help appreciated.

Thinking of going to Maldives next February 2022 Going with daughter, son in law, grandsons 6 + 4.

It's a beach holiday for them, hopefully things will be better by then and daughter who is a doctor can get time off and give her a relaxing time.

Maldives is always somewhere we have said we will visit, it's not our usual holiday, we like touring around etc but I know the grandsons will really enjoy it and my daughter can relax.

We have a few musts, also not our usual
All inclusive
Sea plane transfer
Beach villas/rooms (dont want the kids in over water bungalows)
No party vibe
2 or 3 different restaurants
Nice beach

So any ideas would be lovely. It's going to be a blow out so cost is not important, we will all fly BA club direct.

Thank you
I would say have a look at kuramathi if you are after a bigger island with lots of restaurants to chose from ( you will need to upgrade to select all inclusive to get these included)
we loved jumping on the golf kart shuttle that takes you around the island. I would also say stay at the newer end near the sand bank.
Constance Moofushi is an amazing all inclusive 5 star island and has a lovely big sandy beach

Kurumba is great for kids but you won’t have the seaplane there as it’s very close to Male

Niyama and Finolhu are worth a look too, these are a bit more quirky and less traditional. Finolhu has mermaids in the pool for example and Niyama has simulator rooms and x box’s

This is one of my favorite subjects so any questions ask away
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Thank you to everyone for your help, I am still trying to decide as there are too many good places. My daughter has started a spreadsheet to help decide!

Thanks again
Which islands are you looking at?

Edited at 12:57 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List