Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Serious Dibber

I don’t know what to do either we are booked to fly 17 aug with our son who will turn 6 a week before we go. He’s never been on a plane I’m so desperate for it to happen for him but wondering if we should move it to October. Will that even make much of a difference who knows?! Plus he would miss more school I wish we had a magic ball
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

I think we are all twitching. But in my view no point cancelling until you have to...

Also if you move to next year now you might not get any new offer that Disney may release later on?
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I keep thinking about it as well and then I try to think that other than in my own thoughts it will make no difference if I hold on until mid May when balance is due. Still a good four months til then, hopefully vaccines and spring weather will make things slightly clearer!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Glad it's not just me who has been thinking about this! We are due to go mid August for 3 weeks.

Like most, I want the full Disney experience and not have to wear masks in the heat. I'm toying with just making the decision now and change my mind each day! Today I think I'm just going to await until we have to pay the balance in June/July. Luckily I have insurance on the Disney tickets! All I know is I'm not prepared to spend the vast amount of money and not get the experience as we can't afford to do it again so need to think carefully.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things, its not really important. Would just be nice to have something to look forward to.

Off to tidy out my kitchen cupboards... the excitement is too much... 🤣

Stay safe everyone. Xx
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Surprised by the amount of people cancelling their August/September holidays and that’s coming from somebody that is a glass half empty person. Things are not great at the moment, but they’ll soon turn around IMO.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we are due to go aug 1st balance already paid as the trip was originally march 2020... fed up of it moving re arranging etc
Im not confident for august either to be honest
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Surprised by the amount of people cancelling their August/September holidays and that’s coming from somebody that is a glass half empty person. Things are not great at the moment, but they’ll soon turn around IMO.
For me it's the having to do a test and quarantine that's concerning me. I'm not willing to put all that money on the line if i don't know if I can go. I think we may be back to normal before the US is. With new variants I think they will keep their borders shut. I don't think it's being negative but realistic. Or maybe I'm telling myself that to protect myself if it can't go ahead! 😂
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We are in the same position. Due to go Majorca 5th April for 5 days and Florida 21st august. (Was 19th august 2020) now thinking do I move holiday booked with TUI to next Easter and move the Majorca holiday to august. I really don’t think we will be going at Easter. I am high risk so would of only had my first jab by then hopefully anyway but hubby is desperate to get away and is hoping that April will go ahead and didn’t want to cancel it yet just in case. I guess for us we will see what easyJet offer us for options when the balance is due for the holiday booked through them and if we can move it, move it to June or august. Hopefully by then we will have a bigger picture of what’s going on
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

A LOT can change in 6 months - 6 months ago there was no sign of a vaccine being imminent and look at us now, over 4 million people vaccinated already, and look at all the other countries starting with their vaccination programmes too.

I really wouldn't be cancelling a trip for later this year. I'm a pessimist by nature too but even I'm optimistic about going in August!
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Craftylee
Helping Mickey

I personally think those booked for Aug/Sept this year will be able to go, but the major uncertainty is whether or not masks will be required (on the flight and at parks), plus whether or not fireworks and character meet and greets will be back running. So I fully understand why some are cancelling/rescheduling.
Craftylee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List