Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Jan 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Attempted Sleepless in Seattle 3 times and always fast asleep within about 30 minutes... never got into Star Wars after the first one but we’re not sci fi fans... never attempted Shades of Grey cos couldn’t even get into the book... worse film ever I think was Hologram for a king, Tom Hanks, actually paid to see it at the cinema... total rubbish, but sat through it cos we’d paid for it (even if it only cost a fiver for the 2 of us)...
Gradually working through Midsummer, and going to give Hetty Wainthropp a go...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I find it happens more with tv series. I’m currently watching the Serpent, I’m 4 episodes in and am getting bored with it. It was the same with Battlestar Gallactica, when it started, I thought it was superb, but halfway through the 3rd series and I’m bored by it. It changed for me when they settled on the new planet, it’s not been the same since.
I was the same with Battlestar. Think it tried to get too clever and complicated for its own good
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I really struggled with Joker , Shame as Joaquin Phoenix acted the roll brilliantly
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I really struggled with Joker , Shame as Joaquin Phoenix acted the roll brilliantly
I found Joker unsettling subject matter so couldn’t watch it - I hear it was a marmite film (depicts string acting) so I fully understand why your struggled 👍
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sons of Anarchy. Loved the first few series until they went to Ireland. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Ditched it then.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sons of Anarchy. Loved the first few series until they went to Ireland. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Ditched it then.
I haven’t seen that one - is it worth it for the first part ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I'm from Belfast and that finished it for me too. I had loved it until then.

I fall asleep when bored so I have seen the beginning of many movies but not the end. Forest Gump has the same effect on me as sleeping tablets.

Edited at 10:35 PM.
TigerMom is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
I'm from Belfast and that finished it for me too. I had loved it until then.

I fall asleep when bored so I have seen the beginning of many movies but not the end. Forest Gump has the same effect on me as sleeping tablets.
For me, Forrest Gump is one of the finest films that I have ever seen and that I can watch over and over again.

Strangely, I am not a great fan of Bubba Gumps, though.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I started watching The Guardians (Russian superhero film dubbed into English) on Amazon Prime the other day. I got bored half way through.

Clearly they took all the best bits from the film to make the trailer, which looked awesome. The dubbing is terrible and feels like people just reading the script.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I haven’t seen that one - is it worth it for the first part ?
It's well worth it for the first two series, Series 3 onwards not a patch on the original ones. The idea of a bunch of bikers beating up the PSNI without any comeback is laughable and the story went down hill from there.

Great music choices though.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List