Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We haven‘t been in a supermarket since March. I hate food shopping anyway so not bothered and happy with click & collect for this. Have only been to small local shops occasionally and have bought most things online. DH gets his vaccination tomorrow as over 70 with health issues. I am over 70 but no issues so still waiting. It will be a few weeks after both of us have had the 2nd dose before we venture far.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I think I have kept Amazon open I have ordered so much!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Last February / March I set up online shopping for my in laws and my sister, so every week I have to do ours and theirs, I seem to spend quite a lot of time sorting out food deliveries, I don't mind though, I'd rather them not have to go into a supermarket.

I've been online shopping for years, we had over 200 orders from Amazon last year and I've already had 16 this year.

I know a few people though who won't put their credit/debit card details in online because they are scared of fraud.
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Last February / March I set up online shopping for my in laws and my sister, so every week I have to do ours and theirs, I seem to spend quite a lot of time sorting out food deliveries, I don't mind though, I'd rather them not have to go into a supermarket.

I've been online shopping for years, we had over 200 orders from Amazon last year and I've already had 16 this year.

I know a few people though who won't put their credit/debit card details in online because they are scared of fraud.
Me

Disney332
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Still do all food shopping in the supermarket we've not bought a single food item online or click/collect

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We don't do online shopping for food. However we hammer Amazon. This is my 2020 summary

Orders. Buy Again. Open Orders. Cancelled Orders.

244 orders placed in 2020

And carrying on the tradition!

15 orders placed in 2021

On top of that there is John Lewis, Screwfix, timber merchants etc etc
I can beat you on the Amazon order last year I had 280 orders

This year I have had 20 orders so far.

I’m doing most of my shopping online but have done for a few years now, I hate shopping even before this pandemic, the only thing is now I also do a supermarket online shop which I wasn’t doing previously.

My daughter who has a temporary job at the local Amazon warehouse told the managers how many orders I had last year and they couldn’t believe it since it’s not a business address shame there isn’t a discount.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have just popped into M&S food halls as I needed fresh bread and fruit - and filled my basket as seems always the case (how did those muffins, ice cream and sultanas get there is a mystery to me) I think I saw one other couple shopping that was it and I was the only one at the tills. Safer than receiving as food delivery at the door via a driver as had zero human contact and sanitised on way on, way out and washed my hands when I got home
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve bought just about everything except food online for years. All my clothes, stuff for the house, dog food etc. It’s just easier IMO especially when I worked full time.
We make exceptions for things that you need to ‘test’ like furniture but those purchases are few and far between.

I hope never to get anyone to do my food shopping, I like to see it myself - not get someone else to select it for me (and not check sell by dates). I do a big supermarket shop once a fortnight and go local for top ups and meat/fish.
We are lucky that it’s only a 3 minute walk into our village shopping area and you can get just about anything you need at small independents there

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I went a bit OTT in November and December with ordering Christmas presents and Christmas related 'stuff'.

Since March last year I've hardly spent any money online on clothes, make up, and whatever else my money usually gets spent on.

We have done quite a few home improvements since March and most of the items have been ordered online. Dunelm is my new favourite online store!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

We continue to keep our local Amazon driver fully employed. Girls often order a Mcds Breakfast before school. I really can’t remember any of us actually went out and bought something in a shop!
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List