Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I'm not a DIYer

I ordered some perfect fit blinds, as it said they were easy to fit. The little video to explain how to put them up said it would take 10 minutes, did it heck 🤣. Took me 90 minutes to do two windows and i probably broke my thumb pushing the clips into the beading.

I'm realising I'm hating DIY and with a new house its constant.

P.s the building of the table nearly ended in divorce aswell 🤣

Edited at 11:55 AM.
Emmie2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Easy for me to say as it's my Trade so love doing those type of jobs

Everything hinges on having the right tools for the job.

For those embarking on a life of DIY the best advice I will always give with tools is 'buy expensive keep for life'

Also an absolute must is a decent electric screwdriver. OK you can use a geared down drill to slowly put screws in but they are heavy on the arm after an hour!
A £40 investment is money in the Bank.

My tools are in a different price range but that's for Tradesmen so they are a different quality.

However nothing better than doing a job well and later on looking at it and thinking 'I did that and I did it well'

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Easy for me to say as it's my Trade so love doing those type of jobs

Everything hinges on having the right tools for the job.

For those embarking on a life of DIY the best advice I will always give with tools is 'buy expensive keep for life'

Also an absolute must is a decent electric screwdriver. OK you can use a geared down drill to slowly put screws in but they are heavy on the arm after an hour!
A £40 investment is money in the Bank.

My tools are in a different price range but that's for Tradesmen so they are a different quality.

However nothing better than doing a job well and later on looking at it and thinking 'I did that and I did it well'
Hubby is always buying a new tools now, but gets very stressed at using them 🤣. I guess it comes with time and practice. Doesn't help that its a new build and nothing it ever simple with the walls.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Emmie2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Tell me about it OP! Hubby and me are hopeless lol

They look great though! Well done!

Do you know if they do them for sliding patio doors? I'm not sure how they work?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Hubby is always buying a new tools now, but gets very stressed at using them 🤣. I guess it comes with time and practice. Doesn't help that its a new build and nothing it ever simple with the walls.
I so agree ref modern homes and walls! I detest doing certain jobs in my Sons house as he has studding.

Tool Station is always a good place to look for good gear.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Tell me about it OP! Hubby and me are hopeless lol

They look great though! Well done!

Do you know if they do them for sliding patio doors? I'm not sure how they work?
I'm not sure, I think the blind would get a little squished haha.The blinds are in a frame and then clips go in the beading of the window, then it clips in. Quite tidy, but they were a ≈≈≈≈≈≈ to fit. Just ordered some for the bathrooms now, so more joy to come! 🤣
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Well done, they look great
I feel your pain, I bought cheap blackout blinds for a new log cabin/garden room a couple of months ago and it showed a video of how 'easy' it was to adjust/trim them Luckily I only needed to adjust 1 out of the 4 as I think I would have returned or binned them rather than trim more of them
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I ordered some perfect fit blinds, as it said they were easy to fit. The little video to explain how to put them up said it would take 10 minutes, did it heck 🤣. Took me 90 minutes to do two windows and i probably broke my thumb pushing the clips into the beading.

I'm realising I'm hating DIY and with a new house its constant.

P.s the building of the table nearly ended in divorce aswell 🤣
Well done they look FAB you’ve done a good job 💪
Hubbie always does DIY while I make him a cuppa
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List