Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Oct 04, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We were only delayed 78 hours tour Part 2(12 September 2004)

We were only delayed 78 hours TOUR 2004 Part 2 (12 September 2004)
CAST Members

Me : Simon 33 Trip planner, chaffeur , ATM , etc etc
DW : Nichola 32 all round worrier, but loves all things disney!
DS : Harry 10 big ride pansy (but things can change) Pluto lover
DD : Tilly 18 months Beautiful princess (Loves Toy Story and Nemo)

SIL Theresa 40 Topcat , runs the show and the house
BIL Richie 51 Likes a whinge, but loves America.
Niece 1 Natalie 16 Loves Tiger and all white knuckle rides
Niece 2 Sarah 13 Loves rides and gift shops

DAY TWO (The timeshare fiasco! )

Well as the title suggests , for the first time this holiday we are thrown a spanner due to my SIL deciding not to pre buy her park tickets b4 we came. She insisted we could " get them for dirt cheap out there" something which i later throw down her throat like Wile Coyote having an anvil dropped on his head from the top of the grand Canyon ! . I should explain that as we came 3 years ago and murdered Disney we decided during many " team meetings over Cold buds and Barbe-Qs" that we wanted to explore a bit more this time and my family bought the Orlando 4 park flex ticket and we had also booked DC for us 4 with a Busch gardens addon aswell. this meant we would be free to just pick a Disney park and pay on the door and argue about which one when we got there. Any hoo i digress , just filling you in with the background so that you all know!

We all rise from our pits at around 0800 hours , certainly weary but so full of excitement that tiredness is not going to stop us and as my itinerary says explore and reacquaint that is what i intend to do.

We all fill up on tea and toast and Frosties and make a beeline for the "wheels". Now since i found the DIBB in early August i have made it myduty to find out as much info as possible on restaurants , routes to here there and everywhere , tips on this and that and as Chief planner of all tickets flights car etc i felt under a little pressure to make sure everything went smoothly . now what i didnt realise was that you can never recreate that " First Time Feeling" and it sort of dampened the mood for me for a few days , i cant describe why it just did.

Now then i thought we would head for I-drive to check out evrything and try and get SIL and posse some park tickets and also reacquaint ourselves with the magic. Now i had only ever got on to I-drive from Sea world exit off 1-4 b4 and i thought it looked a piece of **** from the 192 to go up South I-Drive and join it from there! How wrong could i be , i took us round in circles for a about 1/2 an hour and kept ending up on the same road! Weird! . this lead to hysterical banter from the women folk and the next hour or so every light or turn we came to was met with " r u sure this is the right way " snigger snigger . Now i am a very proud man with an elephant like memory and as i explained above i was already feeling under some pressure to deliver the magic and them berating me every five minutes wasn't helping so after a few , " why dont u 2 shut up " comments we finally found I-drive and the real magic could start.

We drove to DC first and sorted out our tickets to Busch Gardens as advised and the lovely lady (Karen) sorted out our separate Dolphin swims as we were taking DD with us , we didnt want to leave DS looking after her while we were enjoying ourselves.(I should add that DS didnt fancy the dolphins as he was scared and didnt want to waste our money,this sort of generosity from a 10 yr old touched me and you will find out how i repay him later on)

From there I-drive and we drove past the Convention center and up past Pointe Orlando which we decided to visit later that day for some retail therapy. We then started to hunt for ticket booths , after several "ooo that looks dodgy" we decided to plump for the ticket booth in the Lobster House next to the Ponderosa on IDrive. Me and SIL jumped out and boy it was warm and proceeded to see matey in the booth. This is where i had my first experience of timeshare! Oooo that word makes me shiver.
He informed that the tickets we so much and we had to take an 1.5 hour visit round the complex and we could have a free buffet lunch after , then we would receive our tickets at a discount. Now as we were TS virgins i thought sounded like a blast, but when we consulted the others we decided to move on and try some others.
After this initial TS episode we were feeling peckish and decide to Head for Mc Donalds (The Big One) and we all have some vital calories to boost our flagging bodies and check the ticket booth under the stairs also , which was also timeshare!

Then we go on to Pointe Orlando and to be honest i/we were a little disappointed with this place as it was a little quiet on this day and apart from Hooters and finding our first Disney shop it was not quite what i expected as i had read good DIBB threads on it. Anyhoo we purchased the necessary Hooters t-shirt while trying not to drool , and we decided to head for somewhere we knew, BELZ. We make the short ride up I-drive taking pics of Skull Kingdom and Wet'n'Wild and head for the left side outlets centre which is little like a shopping mall. We browse the obligatory sports shops for me and the obligatory gift shops of mindless Floridian tat, as i call it , for the girls.Eventually we come to another Ticket stand, i know , obviously it is TS So i leave SIL and BIL to sort themselves out,they sort a price for there 5park flexticket and decide to go to the meeting as it will save them around $200. At the paperwork stage they are told that they need someone with a credit card to attend, and you've guessed it they dont use them! I get the call i have been dreading and i have to go along aswell and pretend to be married to my sister in law, oooo gross! . Anyhoo i am told there is a free buffett breakfast and think that it cant be too bad and we book a time for 0715am the next day. Little did i know what was to come but you will have to wait till tomoorows installment for that beauty! .

By this time it is well after seven and we decide to visit an old haunt of Denny's by Skull Kingdom which was the first restaurant we tried on our previous visit in 2001. I have the Sirloin steak with Onion rings and Hash Browns which was fabadabbadoo and now i am relaxed.

We head home via I4 without anymore technical hitches and after some frolicing in the pool and general chucking in of fully clothed children we decide to hit the sack around 1030 as we have an early start tomorrow at the TS meeting then onto Universal Studios.

Simon.

Next Part 3. (Timeshare sucks , but Universal doesn't ! )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 04, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

dread to think how bad the next bit is going to be about the time share - but gonna read it anyway lol - great report

Carol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 04, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Can't wait for the next one!
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List