Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Jun 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have just finished reading this wonderful report, thank you so much for taking the time out of your holiday to share it, we are on QSDP next year with 5 of us so lots of great tips, thanks again

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have just binge read your report for a third time and realized I never commented on my previous read throughs. Thank you so much for posting this. I’ve had a pen and paper beside me and now have a list of eateries and food to research and try out on our trip next year - our first on-site and first (obviously) with QSDP.
Reports like yours are what make the Dibb a great source of information for all of us planning or dreaming of our next trips
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have just read your while report because we've just booked to go back. Thank you it's fabulous. So many snack ideas and different qs options. Cannot wait to go to polite pig
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pua View Post
Just binge read your trip report and loved it I've just booked for next year with QSDP, having done DDP x3, but just couldn't justify the extra cost with all the amazing options for QS around right now. Sounds like you all had a fab time!
Glad you enjoyed it I haven't done the DDP and though it sounds great I couldn't justify the cost. I am glad I stuck with the QSDP as it offered loads of flexibility. Hope you enjoy your trip

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
Good to know they could be done without meat, and that there was a variety of vegetarian things too. I'm not a salad fan either! But there's plenty of snacks that I like the look of based on your report so I'll be fine! Thanks again
I am sure you will be Disney seem to be great at catering to different needs

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
Just wanted to say a massive thank you for sharing your food report with us! It looks like you had a fab time and you have helped a lot of people
I’m not even on the dining plan this year and you’ve given me a list of lots of food i want to try!

I can’t believe you managed to post at the end of every day, i’m always too tired at the end of the day, we’ll done!

thank you again
You're welcome, We really had a great time although it seems ages ago now lol. Glad you have got ideas for your upcoming trip would definitely recommend blaze as a great quality reasonable priced meal without the dining plan and the chocolate waffle (although it isn't a meal lol)
Hope you have a great time

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
Have just finished reading this wonderful report, thank you so much for taking the time out of your holiday to share it, we are on QSDP next year with 5 of us so lots of great tips, thanks again
You are welcome , Glad you have picked up some tips I am sure you will enjoy QSDP have an amazing holiday

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Have just binge read your report for a third time and realized I never commented on my previous read throughs. Thank you so much for posting this. I’ve had a pen and paper beside me and now have a list of eateries and food to research and try out on our trip next year - our first on-site and first (obviously) with QSDP.
Reports like yours are what make the Dibb a great source of information for all of us planning or dreaming of our next trips
Wow three times lol, (You are welcome BTW)...you are definitely in listing and planning mode ( I remember that part well it is so exciting wish I could be there again) I hope you have a great holiday and am sure all the research you are doing will make your holiday extra special

Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
Have just read your while report because we've just booked to go back. Thank you it's fabulous. So many snack ideas and different qs options. Cannot wait to go to polite pig
You are welcome PP is amazing and really great for a QS credit. Hope you have a great time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Only just found this report, so apologies for the spam now

Shame about the delay on travel day but great that you got there.

Day 1 - Be Our Guest looks lovely. I think I might try the Cronut next time! I think all the cocktails at Disney are strong

Mmmmm the plaza ice-creams look lovely! Definitely one to add to the list I think.

1 hour queue for cotton candy! what do they put in it?!

Day 2 - Blaze looks fab, it gets such a good reputation. We didn't have time last time, but DD got one and we tried it and were gutted we didn't get some too so it's definitely on the list next time.

The num num cookie looks so nice and huge too!

Woody's lunch box looks lovely. I didn't realise you got a side of tater tots with the sandwiches a shame about the pop tarts though, did you try the raspberry/strawberry one too?

Day 3 - thanks for the tip about the buses. When we were there in October you needed to get a bus to DS then the water park and to return. I read something earlier this year about them changing it so the buses go directly to the water parks which is so much better IMO, thanks.

I had to laugh at the size of the citrus chicken but I have just read on and seen it was a snack credit so I suppose it wasn't too bad then.

Day 4 - so glad you posted the sleepy hollow food as I wasn't sure what was and what wasn't snack credits as they changed it last year I think. Can't beat a Mickey waffle!

My husband raves about Pecos Bills, it's probably his favourite quick service at Disney! The toppings bar is great isn't it

at the caramel apple

Oh I didn't know you needed to pay a tip at PP, thanks for the heads up, although I suspect Mr Grump will be the same as Loves2Plan as he doesn't like paying tips when he hasn't had the service. I've popped this in our plans but for Mr Grump as the rest of the family and I don't like BBQ food so we'll go elsewhere.

I always have a BaBW's hand gel in my bag and ensure we all use it before and after we've eaten. I'm not bothered by germs either but it's just a habit I guess.

Day 5 - The pretzel in AK looks huge! Glad DH enjoyed it. The night blossom is lovely isn't, I'm surprised I liked it as it has apple in and I'm not keen on apple drinks ... the boboa balls make it though

We couldn't believe how small the fried rice portion was at Yak N Yeti! So glad you posted about the mango pie though as we've planned a TS meal here but there's several desserts taking my fancy. Knowing I can get the mango pie from the cafe part has made it a little easier

The pulled pork fries look lovely!

at the banshees ... I really hope you got those and the snacks home!

Day 6 - I hate it when the parks are really busy. Strange for them to close the rides with no explanation! I hope your day started to improve.

I loved my croque monsieur in May, it's definitely on the list for next time too they're so moreish aren't they!

It is bad to not serve consistent portion sizes to the same customer ... not sure about your kids but mine would have fought with each other over who was getting the most they'd fight over the colour of the sky if they could!

Those Mickey pretzels look so nice! Another one added to the list.

Day 7 - the cookie from Kringla looks huge! We found that they use cinnamon in a lot of food on our trips. The cookies at Perkins were cinnamon tasting so the kid's and Chris wouldn't eat them and the donuts in Voodoo donuts too ... not good when the family doesn't like cinnamon.

The space ice cream looks fab, we forgot to get any at KSC so I'm sure we'll add a few to the list for the kids, where did you get it from?

at the tart, you should have went back and got another for yourself, it's on our list for next time too.

Thanks for the info on Chicken Guy, I added it to our list but didn't realise kid's meals were snack credits it all looks so nice and a great use of a QS and snack credit

Those mini donuts look fab, shame they were stale. You've certainly gone through those snack credits today!

I'm going to continue with day 8 after I've had a shower Fab report so far xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Thanks kelly I'm glad it was useful, I just found Loves2plans new report today so am looking forward to following the rest of hers (although every time I read them I get hungry and the Disney blues lol. It is much nicer following reports when you have an actually got a holiday booked ... Will you be doing a dining report in May? ...
Just checked your pre trip report your plans look amazing can't wait to see what you get up to xxx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 8 - Shame that you were struggling with ride closures. The vein pod looks weird but we all enjoy rice krispy treats so think we'll give this a go

I love plantain chips, we first had them in Cuba in 2016 and nothings compared since so would love to try these.

Day 9 - Those cookies look amazing, I like the look of the frozone slushy but I can almost see the E numbers in it reminds me of the radio active orange fanta

Ooo the key lime tart on a stick looks ... interesting I'd have expected it to be green. Think this is one to add for Mr Grump as he likes Key Lime Pie.

Woody's looks lovely again, shame they weren't as warm though. Oh I thought you could only have as many alcoholic drinks as there were adults, thanks for the tip.

Day 10 - That flatbread at BB looks really nice and can't beat a frozen cocktail!

Got to say I can't believe how incosistent Disney have been with their portions, first the ice cream, then the mickey pretzels and now the milkshakes!

Deep fried ice ... wow that sounds ... weird where did you get that from? I think I'll add it to our list to try.

at the tart again, my youngest and oldest love strawberries too.

Day 11 - finally you got some strawberries!

The Kevin cupcake looks amazing and finally someone who likes Elephant Ear pastries. Most of the reports I've read recently people really aren't keen but I enjoyed it

Day 12 - The food at TL looks nice enough. The water parks don't appear to be the best for food.

Flatbreads at Electric Umbrella look nice, we enjoyed the one we had too.

Lot's of yummy snacks from the BoardWalk Bakery! We're staying at BWV for 1 night so think we may need to pop here for some snacks

at the Goofy's haul ... the kid's did good!

I thought Morimoto Asia was a TS place or does it also have a QS outlet? That drink is HUGE.

As I said before can't beat Blaze

Day 13 - Those waffles look so nice, I think the boys and I would love those as Mr Grump and DD don't like nutella, but I'm sure they could have the strawberry and cream one seems such a great use of snack credits.

What did you think of the french dip and croque monsieur? I've had both but think the croque monsieur just tops it for me ... both are lovely though. I think we're only doing 1 lunch next time so it'll be a tough choice.

We got the Minnie and Mickey pants too, they're in the kitchen window with no purpose still the ice cream from the plaza was lovely though!

8 days to go and 109 snack credits left

Day 14 - I really laughed at Woody's giving you more food ... really did't help with the credits did it but you got the strawberry/raspberry tart what did you think of it?

I can't believe the fruit was a QS credit ... I expected it to be a snack credit, very pricey ... but I suppose you weren't bothered by this point

Love all the snacks at the end of the night in MK

Day 15 - Nothing wrong with drinking early on holiday. I remember going to Akershus and the guys from Uni were having a conversation in our group about the lecture taking place so I conveniently sent a pic of my Mimosa at 8.30am

Restrauntosaurus must be nice as you've been so many times, can't wait to try it.

at the Coke, when we realised we need to get through them we used loads for drinks too haha.

I've popped the frozen chocolate banana down for my youngest as I think he'll love it, thank you.

Day 16 - Definitely picking up the snack and QS credit game today. What did you think of the frozen lemonade? We enjoyed it but just think the portions are too big.

Ah no such a shame they didn't like Cookes our youngest 2 really enjoyed it but they are very bland and picky eaters

It's funny how some places with charge 3 snacks as a QS but others won't. A good haul in Les Halles

Day 17 - Love the fries from Kamals this is what we have to do too.

I'm loving all the stocking up with the credits your getting through them now.

Day 18 - The flatbread at BB looks really nice, I think DD will be happy with that

I was just wondering if you were going to try Wolfgang Puck as we loved it there I really hope you manage to go.

Day 19 - I think I've missed some days somewhere as your on your last full day ... not sure how I've done that but won't change my numbers now lol.

I loved checking out the app just wish I'd kept track every day, I've made notes to do this next time, makes things so much easier doesn't it.

at the surprise jalapeno cheese. We aren't fans of Le Fous Brew either and I've popped the bun on my list.

That pie at Columbia Harbour House looks so nice.

Oh yay, I'm so glad you manage to get to WPE I had the chicken and mash too I loved it. I think Mr Grump wants to try the meatloaf next time

Absolutely loving the DS haul! Plenty of gifts for home and to keep the kids going for a while

Final Day - Oh I love the little gift for mousekeeping, so cute.

So glad you managed to use all the credits up in the end.

I definitely want to try Panda Express this next trip, I hear such good things about them. I did have to laugh at the kids getting nuggets at the airport too though.

Thank you so much for doing this report, I've loved going through and reading it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks kelly I'm glad it was useful, I just found Loves2plans new report today so am looking forward to following the rest of hers (although every time I read them I get hungry and the Disney blues lol. It is much nicer following reports when you have an actually got a holiday booked ... Will you be doing a dining report in May? ...
Just checked your pre trip report your plans look amazing can't wait to see what you get up to xxx
It definitely was and I love a good dining report

Yes it's been great so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Having a holiday does make reading the reports much more bearable have you got anything planned yet?

I will be doing a dining report again. We're hoping for a more chilled stay this time so I may do a live one but I only have my phone to use so not sure I will do a live one ... but I'll definitely be doing one.

I can't wait, feel like it's so far away but I know it will fly by xx
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

[QUOTE=caitlinsmummy;14147647]

Deep fried ice ... wow that sounds ... weird where did you get that from? I think I'll add it to our list to try. I think it was TL but it may have been blizzard beach ... seems a lifetime ago now...It's quite nice re living these memories

The Kevin cupcake looks amazing and finally someone who likes Elephant Ear pastries. Most of the reports I've read recently people really aren't keen but I enjoyed it
Chocolate and pastry whats not to love

Lot's of yummy snacks from the BoardWalk Bakery! We're staying at BWV for 1 night so think we may need to pop here for some snacks

Just binge read your pre trip and may report, The plans look amazing the BW room looks so spacious. It's nice being able to relate to the 3 child situation. Booking onsite at Disney seems to require more logistics with 5 people

I thought Morimoto Asia was a TS place or does it also have a QS outlet? That drink is HUGE. Yes its the street food (tiny portions for a QS but tasted so good and the drink was amazing

What did you think of the french dip and croque monsieur? I've had both but think the croque monsieur just tops it for me ... both are lovely though. I think we're only doing 1 lunch next time so it'll be a tough choice.
I agree the Croque monseiur is the best

:

Day 14 - I really laughed at Woody's giving you more food ... really did't help with the credits did it but you got the strawberry/raspberry tart what did you think of it?
I didn't like the tarts but others have given them really good reviews.

Restrauntosaurus must be nice as you've been so many times, can't wait to try it.
It was one of DH's favourites it is deffo great for picky eaters

Day 16 - Definitely picking up the snack and QS credit game today. What did you think of the frozen lemonade? We enjoyed it but just think the portions are too big. I agree the portions are massive it ends up being quite sickly and melts before you are even finished lol

I loved checking out the app just wish I'd kept track every day, I've made notes to do this next time, makes things so much easier doesn't it.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It definitely was and I love a good dining report

Yes it's been great so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Having a holiday does make reading the reports much more bearable have you got anything planned yet? We have booked CBR in hope that we get flights (after the TC demise it is looking like a miracle is required )

I will be doing a dining report again. We're hoping for a more chilled stay this time so I may do a live one but I only have my phone to use so not sure I will do a live one ... but I'll definitely be doing one.

I can't wait, feel like it's so far away but I know it will fly by xx
Thanks for reading Can't wait to follow your next trip x