Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Aug 15, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gumdrops
Helping Minnie

BURGER ME, what! more fries

I went into my local well known burger restaurant on Sunday afternoon with my wife and could not believe what I ended up watching. We had ordered our meal and were sitting down enjoying it when a woman and her daughter sat down a couple of tables away having also ordered but got it in a bag rather than on a tray, nothing too unusual about that. The mother then proceeded to grab fries from inside the bag stuffing them in her mouth as though she was starving, then gave some to her daughter telling her to hurry up. She then took the 2 fries bags out of the big paper bag and walked up to the nearest employee who was cleaning around the reastaurant showing her the fries and pointing out it seemed that they had been under filled, the employee without questioning the woman took the part empty fries bags back to the counter and brought back another 2 bags, to say my gast was flabbered is an under statement, the woman and her daughter promptly wolfed them down along with the rest of the meal. Just had to share this with you and wondered if anything like this has happened to any of you out there
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

I've heard it all now... some people have no shame!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Really? Some people!
Doesn't surprise me though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yep ate all the bread then put the basket on a empty table and said they had none and that was 20 years ago
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

And that behaviour is being passed down to future generations ! Well in her case anyway!
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Absolutely shocking! What sort of role model do that little girl have ..
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

When I was at uni (a long time ago now!) I used to work in McDonalds part time - nothing surprises me about that sort of place

My favourite one was when customers used to accuse me of putting 'too much ice' in the drinks to save the company money! I was earning £3.45 an hour (the average cost of one meal at the time), I really didn't care about saving the company money! I was just shovelling the ice in any old how

Also had a customer come in and accuse me for short changing her by a tenner - she obviously expected me to just hand over a £10 note without any question. She said she'd bought an ice cream cone (the cheapest thing on the menu) with a £20 note and I'd only given her the change for the a £10. Unbeknownst to her, I always put £20 notes under my till (as I had no place for them in the main bit as getting them was a very rare occurrence in that store at the time) and I'd only been on shift an hour and I know I'd taken no £20 notes so far. So I got my manager to cash up and my till was spot on! She then started screaming at me (in front of staff and customers) that I'd stolen the £10 and stuffed it down my unmentionables!

Needless to say, CCTV backed me up and she was promptly banned from the store.

That was over 12 years ago and the story sticks with me to this day!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow that is just weird... good job giving a good example for your kid. Mother of the year pfffff.
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I have no words... Some people are shocking!
Old 11 Aug 15, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Shocking behaviour
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread