Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Apr 12, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Well we don't hire a car when we go (like a lot of people) so the only choice is the mears coach-it's about an hour and really wasn't that bad, we'll do it again next time we go.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

We always use the free coach, it's fine - I was unaware that any transport was available for Howl-O-Scream though?
Old 14 Apr 12, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dicklett
Excited about Disney

thanks for the info, last time we went , 2009, when you went on the mears website there was a link for howloscream and you get picked up later and leave at 11pm or 12 pm for your return trip...

secure.mearstransportation.c...hGardensHS.asp
Dicklett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Hrm27
Apprentice Imagineer

Has anyone used the shuttle to Busch gardens and then stayed over night in a hotel and come back the following day? Or is that not possible? X
Hrm27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We will definately be using the free coach again! We plan to pick the coach up from what is now the maingate lakeside. We stayed there in 07, so know that the Walgreens right next door sells loads of foods and drinks.After our day at BG we plan to pop in there to stock up on some food for the rest of our hols and then ask the hotel to get us a taxi back to OKW. Simples!

Claire

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

When we used the bus in October, as said in this thread the bus is only free if you have a certain ticket? I don't understand because everyone got a 'ticket' leaving the bus and you just had to hand it back to the driver when we get aboard the coach for heading back to Orlando. We even went to Customer Services and asked if we had to pay because I heard so much on here you had to pay for the bus but we obviously didnt?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

we had the Flexi ~Plus ticket, so could get free seats, but when I looked into it, we could not find a Pick Up near us. We stayed along the 482, at Ornage Lakes. The nearest Pick up was listed outside the RAMADA back along the 482. But, we had problems when it came to getting there. We would have had to drive, and park, but there was no where 'secure' to leave the car.

How does everyone else get to the pick up points?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
we had the Flexi ~Plus ticket, so could get free seats, but when I looked into it, we could not find a Pick Up near us. We stayed along the 482, at Ornage Lakes. The nearest Pick up was listed outside the RAMADA back along the 482. But, we had problems when it came to getting there. We would have had to drive, and park, but there was no where 'secure' to leave the car.

How does everyone else get to the pick up points?
We are planning to use a taxi to get to and from the pick up point, which as I said earlier for us will be at the maingate lakeside. That was one of the choices from OKW. They don't seem to pick up from anywhere actually on property like they did a few years ago!

Yes it will cost us money for the taxis, but still a good deal I think!

Claire

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
yeah about an hour but like everyone says they put on a movie, although it was a crap one (bee movie) but i think on the way back we had a disney movie which is always a plus! we found it quite interesting taking in all the sites of Florida that you dont normally get to see, there was some lovely houses nearer tampa
Old 15 Apr 12, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
When we got off the bus to get our "return tickets" we showed the lady handing them out our ticket and she said "oh you get a different one" (we use the 2 park Seaworld/Busch gardens ticket)

secure.mearstransportation.c...schGardens.asp

Looking at their page is says...

Shuttle is FREE with any paid Busch Gardens ticket

Guess the others we were with (load of Brazilians) didn't already have tickets?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread