Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

Dermatology Referral for Mole... anyone else?

Last night I discovered a small mole on the back of my leg which has turned black in the middle. I managed to get a doctors appointment this morning and they have referred me to Dermatology to get it checked. He did say he didn't think it was anything too nasty but I'm a worrier at the best of times and of course I'm thinking the absolute worst.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen but everything turned out to be ok? I've just convinced myself that because there's been a change to the mole there must be something nasty going on so I'm hoping someone may be able to put my mind at rest a bit!
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

My husband had this on his head a few years ago.
He got referred and when he went in they just took the whole thing off and dressed it. We got the results two weeks later and all was fine. They told him there and then when they removed it they were as sure as they could be it was fine.
Try not to worry, but that’s easier said than done.
X

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH had two on his back that he was referred for. They were removed and were nothing to worry about when tested. Good luck; hope you get sorted very soon. It's the not knowing that's worse xx
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Newbie
slightly serious Dibber

My brother had a similar experience except his was on his back. They removed it and told him everything was fine.
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Had referrals for multiple marks and moles etc. Nothing ever came of any. Don’t worry, 99% unlikely to be anything, there’s an abundance of caution.
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

GPs are instructed to refer urgently anything that might possibly be cancer, so this is normal, and most of these don't have cancer.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Ive had a few moles removed and all came back clear. Its better safe than sorry and a quick procedure. Im sure everything will be fine x
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have been referred to dermatology a couple of time for miles. I’m covered in them and some do change. I keep an eye on the ones I can and over the last 15 years I have had 4 removed for various reasons. When they are removed they get tested but they have all been fine. I actually had an appointment yesterday at the hospital in the dermatology dept. As I have so many I cannot check them all as I can’t see half of them so the dr checked them all out for me. In my experience miles do change, but usually it’s fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Many years ago,hubby noticed a mole on my thigh. He didn't like the look of it, so off to gp, who then sent it for analysis. Less than a week later got phone call to say hospital needed to see me and discuss the mole.
Ended up being early stage of melanoma. Back to day surgery for them to take a much bigger incision, and went much deeper to get all the bad bits. After that check ups for the next 3/4. years to ensure it didn't come back. Gp said it was lucky dh noticed it, as if left it would have spread quite quickly. Have had a couple more removed but they have all been clear.

Edited at 04:37 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

My dad died of skin cancer so I’m extra wary now. I don’t have to many moles but told my GP I want to be checked out by a dermatologist as I have one I was concerned about. She referred me but I almost had to beg 😠 anyway hospital agreed that it should be removed. Went back a couple of weeks later. It was on my shin so the injection to numb it hurt a bit. But it was cut out in about 5 mins and I now have hardly a mark.
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List