Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Dec 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
Hi Kelly, this is actually my daughters report of our holiday we all planned on the Oct/Nov thread you started! Turns out we were actually at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast at the same time you were there 😃
No way! What a small world Shame we didn't see each other, although I was probably preoccupied with Noah's meltdowns. Good to see you had a lovely time though! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
No way! What a small world Shame we didn't see each other, although I was probably preoccupied with Noah's meltdowns. Good to see you had a lovely time though! Xx
Yes it certainly is a small world! I’ve only just started reading the reports & didn’t realise ours had even been started 😳 Glad you enjoyed your holiday too 👍
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great report!

I agree that ‘Ohana do rush you which is a shame as the foods lovely. We’ve been twice now but It’s put me off going next time because of the speed they have you in and out.

Looking forward to your next instalment.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Those EOS look lovely and huge too.

The rice crispie treats look lovely, I could so eat one of those right now

The food at Ohana looks lovely, sadly I've read on a few trip reports that they rush people.

What a lovely view for the fireworks xx
Earl of Sandwich is one of our favourites, and always a must-do for us if we're at Disney Springs! Rice crispy treats are my favourite, I was so glad we brought some home!

The food was very yummy indeed! I'm not sure if we felt really rushed at the time, but we noticed afterwards how quick the meal had actually been!

It was actually a really good place to watch them from! You could still see them well, and there was no crowds around to get in the way!

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
A great start. We tried ‘Ohana for the first time last trip and loved it too. We’ve booked twice for next year!
It would definitely be on my list again if we went back!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Great report!

I agree that ‘Ohana do rush you which is a shame as the foods lovely. We’ve been twice now but It’s put me off going next time because of the speed they have you in and out.

Looking forward to your next instalment.

Kat
It is a shame how quick it all seems. I don't think we felt particularly rushed to get the food eaten, and we were well looked after by the server, but we did notice how quick it was when we came out. We found this was the case for quite a lot of restaurants though, not just Ohana.

Maybe it's the American way!
Minnie_04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Day Four – Thursday 1st November 2018

This morning’s breakfast consisted of our leftover Cinnamon Rolls from Earl of Sandwich and Dad had some English Muffins. The reservation for today was at Tutto Italia in Epcot, and over breakfast we had a little read of the menu. We were quite shocked at the menu to be honest, it seemed quite different to when we had looked at it during our planning days, and there really wasn’t much on there that we fancied. Maybe we’d looked at an old menu or something when we’d booked it, but the only thing any of us really liked the sound of was the lasagne. We decided to see if we could cancel the reservation as we had another Italian booked later in the holiday, and thought we’d grab a quick service instead. We weren’t sure if we would be able to cancel though, due to the late notice. We tried on the app and it wouldn’t let us, so we rang from the phones in the room. We were transferred straight through, and they cancelled the reservation for us free of charge. Bonus!

Out of interest, I had a scroll through to see what reservations were available at Epcot that evening, and there was a choice of a few, including Chefs de France and the Rose and Crown. We pursued both menus and decided to give the French one a try!

Once at Epcot we used our first fastpass on Spaceship Earth before moving round to Starbucks. Using snacks, we ordered three large drinks; Americano, Late and an Iced Maple Pecan Late which was one of their specials. It was really tasty! We sat outside with some cookies to share which we’d brought with us.

Why do they always add a 'h'?!

Once into World Showcase, we stopped at the Irish booth and picked up the sausage and mash which we shared between us. This was quite tasty; the sausages were good.

We also stopped in the French Bakery and picked up a cheese and ham Danish. I honestly have no idea what it’s called, but they warmed it up and it was yummy.

We had to move round World Showcase to get to our Frozen fastpass but stopped off in a few shops and places along the way. We managed to squeeze into the caramel shop in Germany; I wanted to buy some of the goodies in there, but it was absolutely rammed full. You could not move at all, and there was no hope getting the wheelchair around. We left, thinking we would pop back later in the holiday, but unfortunately, we never did get in there. The popcorn is on my list for next time! I will push my way through the crowds if necessary!

Our dinner was booked for 6pm so we made our way back round to France and checked in. We left the chair outside but didn’t have long of a wait before being taken in and getting a nice table in the corner, at the window. We could each have a three-course meal (from a set menu) for one table credit, or we could opt to have one of the more expensive entrées and a dessert. Since we all liked the set 3 course menu, we opted to have that. There wasn’t much that I particularly liked the sound of for the starters, but since it was included, I opted for the crouton salad. Dad had this as well, and mum went for the lobster bisque. We were also served a warm baguette to start with whilst they got the drinks.

The salad was huggeeee and came with lots of smoked bacon, croutons and a vinaigrette dressing. It was quite a powerful dressing, but it was actually quite nice. Mum said the Lobster Bisque was really nice, very thick and very filling. She didn’t manage to finish it; the bowl was huge!

For mains, both me and dad went for the baked macaroni, and mum tried the beef linguine. The meals again were huge, and were really, really yummy. The macaroni cheese was really nice, so much cheese! The beef was gorgeous as well, we all tried a bit of that! It fell to pieces and was really tasty. Mum wasn’t quite sure how she felt about it being served with pasta, but it was still very nice and one of her favourite meals of the trip.

We were stuffed by this point… but then came dessert. Dad had the apple tart which came with vanilla ice cream. I opted for the vanilla crème brulee and mum had the meringue with fresh berries and sorbet. All of these were absolutely lovely, and we wouldn’t hesitate to go back again.

Full to the brim, we wandered around World Showcase and found the fastpass area for the fireworks. I’d managed to book this as soon as we’d used up our Frozen one. We had to queue to get into the area itself, but it really is a lovely place to watch them from.

Back home, we sat down with a cup of tea, some doughnuts from Walmart, and I tucked in to my rice crispy treat from Disney Springs. A lovely but tiring day!

Minnie_04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up. Great photos. Getting me in the mood (15 weeks to go)! Thanks for sharing your hols.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

great report. Also getting me giddy about our trip in March! thanks for taking the time to write about your holiday
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Day Five – Friday 2nd November 2018

Another early morning for us as we were heading to the outlets on Vineland Avenue and wanted to get there for the morning. We drove but stopped off first at Hospitality House to have some breakfast at Good’s Food to Go. We used our mugs, so picked up snacks instead of drinks, and sat outside.

Mum had the breakfast platter which had eggs, bacon, potatoes, French toast stick and a biscuit. She chose a plain rice crispy treat as her snack to have later. Dad had the David’s egg, sausage and cheese sandwich and a croissant to take with us. I had the ham and cheese on Texas toast, and a chocolate muffin. We asked for them all in to go boxes but had to go back as they forgot the muffin and croissant.

The food was nice, we all enjoyed it as a quick service breakfast, but we did prefer the dinner options. Mum wasn’t keen on her potatoes, but the rest was nice. I also wasn’t keen on the chocolate muffin; should have gone for blueberry!

We spent a few hours around the outlets; though the majority of that time was in the queue in the Disney store. It looped around the whole shop and took forever to get to the till. We picked up a few bits, a jumper for me and mum found a few presents to bring home.

We did stop off just to have a drink, but we didn’t buy anything to eat. Instead when we got home, we had a selection of our goodies. Crisps, doughnuts, and rice crispy treats. This evening’s dinner was booked at Trails End and we planned to get the bus to MK and then over to Fort Wilderness, but the weather had other plans for us. It absolutely chucked it down, so we opted to drive instead. We’ve never been to Fort Wilderness before, so got a bit lost figuring out which bus we needed to take after we’d parked, but we found one in the end. We got a bit soaked in the process, and managed to run to the undercover shelter at the restaurant to dry off before going in.

Our server was really nice in here, just a shame I can’t remember his name! Mum ordered the Pina Colava again, and I the same, but was asked for ID. I presented my driving license, but he explained this is no longer accepted as ID, it has to be a passport, which of course I didn’t have with me! He did explain it could just be a photo of the passport so we wouldn’t have to carry it around. So, it ended up being a diet coke for me, and dad a sprite.

We helped ourselves to the buffet and there was so much to choose from. Lots of salads to pick from, mac n cheese, pizza, sweetcorn, breads, mash potatoes, chicken, pasta’s, cheeses, cornbread… so much! We each had a couple of rounds of the buffet before admitting defeat.

We couldn’t leave without trying some desserts, so I had a little selection, but was too full to manage it all! There was also some soft serve ice cream too, which we all had a little of.

We stopped off at the shop before taking the bus back to the car, and then heading home. A quick stop off at Hospitality House to fill up the mugs as well, and I thought I’d try some of the hot coco. It was far too sweet for my taste, so this went down the sink! We found Frozen on one of the channels, so watched a bit of this before bed as well!
Old 30 Dec 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Some great choices👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List