Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Feb 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingrid91
I want to go now!

4 Norwegians going on a 24 night off-site adventure

Hi and welcome to my dining report! I'm new here, but I have been reading a lot of trip reports for our upcoming trip and I really wanted to do one for myself.

As I am Norwegian, English is not my native language so please bear with my as there will be som grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

This trip came to life when I was pregnant with our second child and my husband decided that he wanted to go back to school to study Child Development and teaching. We then knew we had a year where we would be pretty flexible and since we love to travel we had to take advantage of that.

My father kindly gave us the plane ticket as a gift and also wanted to join us for the last week. I am a daddy's girl, so this made my super excited and grateful.

Our plan is to fly out of Oslo on Monday 25th of February on SAS direct to Miami and go home on Thursday the 21st of March. We are renting a car through Budget and are staying at a two bedroom condo in Windsor Hills.

We are only doing one day of Disney and have the 14 day pass for Seaworld, Legoland, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. We are really doing this as a relaxed vacation with not to many plans since we have two kids.

So, on to the crew!

Ingrid (me) (27): I like all kinds of food! The only thing I don't like are olives, pickles and coffee. Yes, I have two kids and I don't drink coffee. But, I do like everything with coffee flavour, so I love Starbucks etc. I prefer steak over fish, and I never order fish in restaurants. I don't have a massive sweet tooth and prefer savory snacks, but I also like ice cream but I am very picky when it comes to candy. The only chocolate I will eat is Norwegian Melkesjokolade and some kinds of Lindt.

Jo (29): He also enjoys all kinds of food, but is a little less adventurous than me when it comes to trying new stuff and usually sticks to burgers, pizza, steak etc. Needs coffee to function properly.

Max (5): Has a massive sweet tooth. I am sure he would have candy for every meal if he was able to decide himself. Loves pancakes and can't wait to eat at IHOP.

Mie (7 months): Drinks milk and have just started to eat full portions of solid food. I'm excited to see the selection of baby food in america, but we will bring porridge from home so she has something familiar to eat.

I will leave my father out of this so I don't have to explain what the hell I am doing

I have a list of places I would love to eat at, but I have to remember that I am not the only one going on this trip, so I might have to skip some places due to traveling with an infant.

- Panda Express. We discovered this restaurant on our honeymoon to California and Nevada in 2017 and I have been dreaming of orange chicken ever since.

- Domions. Jo's favorite pizza place. Will likely do delivery from here when we don't want to eat out.

- Golden Corall. I love this and this was my favorite restaurant when I was an exchange student in Alabama in 2008/2009.

- Manny's chophouse.
- Cracker Barrel.
- Friendly's.
- Chuy's.
- Cicis
- Texas Road House.
- Steak'n Shakes.
- 4Rivers
- BoB Evans.
- Perkins
- Logan's
- Twistee Treats
- Outback
- Smokey Bones
- Black Angus Steakhouse
- Sonny's BBQ
- Giardanos
- Village inn
- Chilli's
- Culvers
- Market Street Diner
- Wonderland Cookie Dough company
- Red Robin
- Applebees

I am cheap and I hate to spend more money than I have to. So we will use a lot of coupons and take advantage of daily deals. But, since we are on vacation we will probably eat out every day either take out or at restaurants. We rarely eat out at home since it's crazy expensive. We might eat breakfast and lunch at home if we are having a pool day, but go out for dinner.

Only 5 days left until we leave now! Please be free to add any comments and questions, and if you have a request for something please just ask! My number one hobby when I'm abroad is to look in grocery stores, so there will be a lot of trips to Walmart/Target! We live only a 20 min walk from Walmart and since I am used to walking with Mie in the pram for 1-2 hours every day and listening to audio books this is perfect for us!

If you have a restaurant recommendation or tips for traveling with an infant, please leave a comment

Hopefully I will try to keep up on this report throughout the trip, but I only have my iPhone with me so it depends on if it will let me upload pictures or not.
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds great, can't wait to read more
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great time. Will be following this!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Following and look forward to hearing about it!

By the way, your English is much better than my Norwegian 😉
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like a great relaxed trip. I'm looking forward to seeing all the fabulous meals you will have.

I hope you have a great trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingrid91
I want to go now!

Mobile

So this is what traveling with an infant that drinks formula looks like! Thankfully this is not going home with us, so plenty of room for shopping 😉

Only two sleeps left!
Old 24 Feb 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

How can you not eat fish being Norwegian?
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingrid91
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
How can you not eat fish being Norwegian?
I know right! 😂 I do eat salmon and trout regularly, but I definitely prefer meat, pork and chicken over fish!
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Following, love a good food report.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingrid91
I want to go now!

Mobile

Just had MIL, FIL and BIL over for pizza and to watch the game. FIL is an avid Liverpool supporter and Jo is die hard Manchester United! BIL is Newcastle of all things..

I do support Manchester United, and especially now that Solskjær is back, but I’m glad it ended 0-0 so we managed to keep it civilized during and after the game, it can get pretty ugly between them 😳

We planned to take the train tomorrow morning to the airport, but MIL offered to drive us! She is so sweet 😊 we only live 5 minutes away from the airport by train, but a 20 minute drive. If it was just the two of us we would have declined the offer, but since we have 3 suitcases, car seat and the pram we gladly accepted it!

We are all packed and just doing some last minute cleaning!

I can’t believe tomorrow is the day!