General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Aug 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An Adults Only (Port)Adventure (July 2019) - Travel Day

An Adults Only (Port)Adventure (July 2019)

Travel Day – Mon 1st July 19

The Index is here

Our flight wasn’t until the evening, but we were both up and about by 8:30am. We’d ended up having a few spontaneous drinks last night (which is rare for us) but were both feeling ok considering.

I sorted out some washing and started ironing at about 9:30am. Whilst I was doing this, Rich popped to Morrisons to get us some lunch, plus some Belvita & Cereal Bars to pack for room snacks.

We ended up having our lunch early at 11am – sausage rolls from the bakery and Pop Chips...

Then I finished off the final bits of ironing and packed our case...

We’d made the call not to bother paying to take cabin bags on board this time – its always a faff walking around the airport with 2 bags each, and we could still take a “small” bag on board.

Rich had treated me to this fab Levis Tote for the trip…

Obligatory sorting of the fridge / bins / timers and a quick hoover around, and we left at 2pm. It should have been a 70-80 min drive to East Midlands Airport, but the traffic was awful this afternoon – nothing specific, just multiple patches of slow-moving traffic.

The delays meant that we had to ditch the planned stop at Maccy-Ds for a Cappuccino .

We parked at our usual Long Stay 1. We’d just missed a shuttle bus so had a 10 min wait, and we were at Arrivals by 4:20pm.

I popped in and weighed the case on an empty check in desk whilst Rich had a cigarette – it came in at 19.6kg, so just under our 20kg allowance 😊. It was 20.1kg at the Ryan Air desk, but they didn’t charge us.

Rich had another cigarette and we both popped to the loo before going through Security – we were Airside by 5pm.

Usual stop in WHSmiths for some drinks (2 for £3.50), then we mooched around the perfumes for a few minutes – I quite liked a D&G one that was on sale, but (as usual) I didn’t end up getting anything.

I’d realised when packing this morning that I’d accidentally bought foundation that was a shade too light, so I popped into Superdrug – bonus, my usual Rimmel was on offer at 2 for £10 so I got 2 bottles.

Rich had popped for a smoke whilst I was looking at the make-up, so I walked up to the staircase and met him coming down. We went straight back up to get some food at Burger King. Bacon Double Cheeseburgers and Large Fries each for about £15. I let Rich have some of my fries (saving a few calories)…

Our Gate popped up on the screen at 5:40pm – it was 22 so a bit of a trek around to it. Nothing had been announced, but there was no sign of boarding starting. I looked online at flightstats.com and saw that our flight was delayed by 1 hour 18 mins. All the seats were taken, so we sat on the floor and I started reading my book (John Wardley – Creating My Own Nemesis)...

Rich popped for a final smoke at about 6:30pm.

Still no announcements from the Airport or Ryan Air, but we saw our plane arrive at the gate at 6:40pm...

Usual quick Ryan Air turnaround and we were boarded and taking off by 7:25pm.

The flight was uneventful. I had a lady sat next to me in the window seat. Rich watched something he’d downloaded on Netflix and I carried on reading my John Wardley book, making it to the half-way point by the time they turned the cabin lights off for the descent into Reus.

We landed at 10:20pm local time, and it was very warm – too warm for the skirt, tights and boots outfit I’d chosen.

Our suitcase made it to the carousel before us, so we were quickly out and into the taxi queue. The queue was much longer than usual, as a flight from Dublin had arrived at the same time. It was also a bit chaotic – a man was apparently sorting people into groups, telling them “you’re in the next big car, you’re in the next small car” but then he just disappeared, and everyone was confused and trying to get in the same taxis. We just stood back and watched. It probably took about 15 mins in total until it was our turn.

Our diver put his foot down and was doing 140 kmph at one point.

We could see a lit-up train going up the lift hill of (what we thought was) Shambhala as we passed the park which made us very excited for our night ride on Wednesday. (I actually worked out on Wednesday that it was the Dragon Khan train we’d seen, based on the style of lights which were much brighter than on Shambhala).

We got to the hotel at 11pm - the taxi was €32, but we rounded it up to €35...

I checked us in and paid the €7.95 resort fee. Like last year, the receptionist told us that we’d missed dinner, but that we could go down to the restaurant for a cold buffet 😊

We took our bags up to the room (431) – a corner one this time, so a different look and feel to our previous ones…

We went straight down to get some food, waiting a few minutes for someone to unlock the restaurant. It was a similar set up to last year, with a table set with our room number, some water and we could help ourselves to the cold selection. We didn’t have much as we’d had our BK earlier, but it was enough to top us up…

Back up in the room, I unpacked and we both had showers to cool off as it was still really hot. We both fell asleep watching an episode of Exhibit A on Netflix.

I woke up a few times in the night, as I was thirsty and a bit cold now that the a/c had kicked in 😊.

Day 1 is here

Edited at 09:41 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great start, we are looking at a trip to Salou in April half term for a cheapo trip with rollercoasters to keep our dd happy as she doesn't do beach hols. looking forward to getting some tips from your report

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List