Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gumdrops
Helping Minnie

Mobile Costa Overload

I have been retired for 2 years 9 months now, mainly due to having had bypass operation just over 2 years now, and having had my recovery period well and truly passed now ( surgeon said it would take a full year ) my wife and i find ourselves havlng breakfast out most mornings each week. It started by looking for something a little different, then it narrowed down to 3 places, Boomers down at Chatham Dockyard (great bacon stackers), Bybrook Garden Centre (brilliant full english breakfast, 2 for 1 early bird) and Costa Coffee. We now find our selves at Costa more often than not and are certainly building up the points on my Costa Card, i now realise why certain dibbers are hooked on Costa and long may it go on.
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Haha welcome to the Costa club! I go most days too.. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gumdrops
Helping Minnie

Mobile Costa Overload

Beginning to agree
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

MickeyHouse is conspicuous by his absence.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
MickeyHouse is conspicuous by his absence.
Yes Linda. Maybe we just have suspicious minds ...
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gumdrops
Helping Minnie

Mobile Costa Overload

Probably at Costa charging his phone
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goofy Gumdrops View Post
Probably at Costa charging his phone
Or maybe he has decided to fit the kitchen sink
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I find the quality of coffee varies, but we like our local costa, feels more like an independent coffee shop than a chain.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I hope you are enjoying retirement, and sounds as though you have made a full recovery from the bypass.

I have tried other local coffee shops and one was nice cofffee some of the time, but other times it was disappointing and also no wifi, but costa is very consistent plus it has wifi and a nicer environment, apart from when mums use it as a creche, but I tend to go before they come in.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Morning, thought I'd say hi whilst I'm in my local Costa on the comfy sofa with an iced latte and seedy toast.. Dh here too. Our Saturday am tradition.. x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List