Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Oct 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Just got our annual passes

Been looking at annual passes for universal for a while now.
We will be there August 2020 & July 2021 so it’s well worth getting the AP. We are not doing volcano bay, my daughter and I are not into water parks or wet rides and the boys are happy to play in the hotel pool etc plus they will have the Disney water parks!
Over 2 years we will save £1k ! Happy days!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t find any information but I am sure I have read that there is a room/area in the universal park for pass holders only?
I assume a chill out area?
Am I right or have I totally made that up?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I can’t find any information but I am sure I have read that there is a room/area in the universal park for pass holders only?
I think you are correct remember seeing something about it on a Tim Tracker vlog.
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When we went, if you paid by AMEX, you could use their air conditioned lounge. You had to bring proof that you paid for AP with AMEX; this was checked by the reception staff. The lounge had seating area, snacks, bottles of water in the fridge, a loo, magazines. Not a massive space but comfortable; it was near the Shrek thingy. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

There is an AP lounge but it is pretty small and not very impressive. We have only been in it once!
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
When we went, if you paid by AMEX, you could use their air conditioned lounge. You had to bring proof that you paid for AP with AMEX; this was checked by the reception staff. The lounge had seating area, snacks, bottles of water in the fridge, a loo, magazines. Not a massive space but comfortable; it was near the Shrek thingy. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
I have no idea what AMEX is 😳
I just book & paid in full via the universal website so probably won’t be able to use it.

The room would be ideal for our daughter if she recovering from a bad hypo or hyper. It’s not fun for the rest of us in the medical rooms.
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
There is one in US opposite where the Teminator show used to be. We had a look in last month but decided not to go in as it was crowded. I believe you have to pay for coke etc.

blog.universalorlando/in...unge-extended/

Edited at 07:47 AM. Reason: link added
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve been thinking about doing this. We don’t go until July next year. So you can buy them now even although you won’t be using them until next year?
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have no idea what AMEX is 😳
I just book & paid in full via the universal website so probably won’t be able to use it.
AMEX = American Express.

Or the other Lounge that Julie has posted about; sounds like the one you're referring to - don't think that was there when we went.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Icey View Post
I’ve been thinking about doing this. We don’t go until July next year. So you can buy them now even although you won’t be using them until next year?
We bought ours some months before travelling, then activated after picking up at the kiosk. Look out for offers, which can include xtra months free. Have you signed up to their website? Or keep an eye on the Dibb.