Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 May 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile Would I be able to rent DVC for one night only?

On the very last night of our holiday next year (28th August 2020) I would love to go to MNSSHP if it was on and stay at a Monorail resort near MK. There are 6 of us so would need a 2bed or perhaps 2 studios.
Can anyone let me know if this is possible- to book for one night only I mean. And whether I’d be likely to find anything? And perhaps how I should approach this?
Thank you very much for any help x
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hello,

I am no expert on DVC but yes you can rent one night... that’s exactly what we’ve done this year... our first night is at SSR. I asked over in the DVC owners section on the wonderful DIBB and as always there were lots of helpful people to answer my questions... how many points do I need and how much do they cost etc. A lovely dibber then got in touch to offer me points for my stay and guided me through the process... all very simple 😁

Sorry just realised you have posted in DVC section!

Edited at 10:05 AM. Reason: Adding more
jools1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Even on somewhere like Dave's DVC you shouldn't have a problem, they generally do have a minimum points request but I think 2 studio/2 bed will surpass this. For Aug no-one will know for sure until Sept - 11 months in advance, but I know that you can put a request in early on the likes of Dave's.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Daves say they have a minimum but everyone I have seen ask them- they have managed to still get them a rental. Depends on their staffing to busyness ratio I suspect and whether they have enough small number of points left with a renter to want to get rid of them. No harm in asking. Suspect they just don't want to encourage 1 nights so they don't get deluged. There is the same amount of work in a 1 night arrangement as 14 night arrangement, so the margin is much less.
Old 12 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
On the very last night of our holiday next year (28th August 2020) I would love to go to MNSSHP if it was on and stay at a Monorail resort near MK. There are 6 of us so would need a 2bed or perhaps 2 studios.
Can anyone let me know if this is possible- to book for one night only I mean. And whether I’d be likely to find anything? And perhaps how I should approach this?
Thank you very much for any help x
Just to give you a heads up, if you were trying to make the booking today but for 28th August 2019 in a 2-bed, then here's what's available...

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
2-Bedroom Villa – Standard View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 56 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Lake View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 66 Vacation Points

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
2-Bedroom Villa – Standard View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 43 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Lake View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 48 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Theme Park View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 58 Vacation Points

Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Bungalow - Sleeps Up to 8 - 135 Vacation Points

No studios are available, mainly as those whould be a lot cheaper than a 2-bed; example 2-studio's at BLT would require 34-points in a standard view compared to 43-points in a 2-bed standard.

Suggest booking at 11-months if you want 2-studio's and if it's a 2-bed then you should be able to wait until 7-months or less, but worth checking back for availability ever now and again.

Happy planning.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Just to give you a heads up, if you were trying to make the booking today but for 28th August 2019 in a 2-bed, then here's what's available...

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
2-Bedroom Villa – Standard View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 56 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Lake View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 66 Vacation Points

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
2-Bedroom Villa – Standard View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 43 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Lake View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 48 Vacation Points
2-Bedroom Villa – Theme Park View - Sleeps Up to 9 - 58 Vacation Points

Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Bungalow - Sleeps Up to 8 - 135 Vacation Points

No studios are available, mainly as those whould be a lot cheaper than a 2-bed; example 2-studio's at BLT would require 34-points in a standard view compared to 43-points in a 2-bed standard.

Suggest booking at 11-months if you want 2-studio's and if it's a 2-bed then you should be able to wait until 7-months or less, but worth checking back for availability ever now and again.

Happy planning.
That is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for your help.
If I’m hoping to rent points through the Dibb should I put a message on here in September?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

A 2 bed end of August you should be good anywhere to 7 months out but the earlier the better. An owner can only book 11 months to 7 if they own at a resort, then any owner can book any 7 months out.
Old 12 May 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
That is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for your help.
If I’m hoping to rent points through the Dibb should I put a message on here in September?
Yes, check back in early September, but also keep checking the DVC Points Available for Rent board at https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166 as in the meantime you might be able to find a member who's willing to wait and book at 11-months out.

Also YorkshireT posted a great link the other day for non-members so to track availability. The post is #5 at https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1127357

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I understand this is updated twice a day so you can check here-

tools.dvcvacations/points-calculator
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List