Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
And your point is?
When you're in town they need to on top of their game. Or else.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This view makes up for it though.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thought it was just us Totally confuses me when they come on the wrong days!
MR T any update on the Grandstand?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mmm, maybe. After 2 good meals at the Turf Club recently we popped there last night.

My Wife's scallops were raw and my pork was inedible. Sent back and the replacement was equally as bad.

Stood up and walked out without paying anything.
now this is very disappointing , makes me more angry that they could not even get it right after you sent it back.

were your 2 good meals there this visit or previous, not that it matters . I picked the scallops here last time now putting me right off, might think twice about going

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Thought it was just us Totally confuses me when they come on the wrong days!
MR T any update on the Grandstand?
SD
I think the kiddies wet play area is still out of commission. Looks awful however the pool is open

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
now this is very disappointing , makes me more angry that they could not even get it right after you sent it back.

were your 2 good meals there this visit or previous, not that it matters . I picked the scallops here last time now putting me right off, might think twice about going
Ali. November was a disaster there. Every meal was cold.
The 2 good ones were this trip.
I was hoping things were on the up after they chopped the last head chef. Apparently not

Old 24 May 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mmm, maybe. After 2 good meals at the Turf Club recently we popped there last night.

My Wife's scallops were raw and my pork was inedible. Sent back and the replacement was equally as bad.

Stood up and walked out without paying anything.
Love Turf Club! Always had good meals there. California Grill last 2 visits have been awful, frozen shrimp think it was last time, the boss doesn't like me complaining too much so just a quiet word and change of meal. Time before just took forever!
Never really had much of an issue with Housekeeping to be honest Tom but all that does seem to be overkill.
Disney views...perfect.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Today was Trash and Towel and as usual Housekeeping forget to leave us the basics.
No coffee, loo roll or tissues.

They did however leave about 20 towels

I only want enough to last until Saturday morning so rang up and asked for 2 loo rolls and some coffee.

The donuts then delivered this lot.
Bit weird giving me dishwasher powder when we are in a Studio. Plus decaf coffee is only any good for cleaning the waste pipes.
They just cannot get the basics right can they
One would hope they could get it right first time, especially as Disney is perceived to be one of the best 10 companies in the US for products and services. thewaltdisneycompany...rris-poll-100/

Getting it wrong on a second attempt means either someone didn't correctly pass on your request or someone wasn't listening. In either case the excessive amount of items left is unforgiving and should be escalated to the SSR Manager.

Also, as gavvy in thread #12 points out with regards to higher dues, so hoping this is not the norm.

It use to be that you could request the following at a cost:
Laundry soap = $1, Towel pack = $6, Toiletries (bar soap, shampoo, etc) = $5 and Coffee service = $3

I already think (rightly or wrongly) that when a DVC room is used as a cash booking for say 14-days it get's a full clean and replenishment each day while on points for 14-days it's only cleaned twice, so who pays for the extra 12-days of service and consumables on a cash booking, members or Disney?

I hope it's Disney but if not and extra's are also added like Tom's example, then it really needs to be highlighted to those that can ensure housekeeping gets it right first time and every time.

And if you follow it up Tom, would love to see the response from the SSR manager.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

I think you received our share of basics Tom 🤦🏼

We had big issues with housekeeping during our May stay at BWV. We were there for 18 nights. Even when HK did show, they forgot to replace the cutlery, paper plates and shower gel.

They failed to turn up on 2 occasions. We chased HK, and they promised to visit at 4pm, but they must have been busy running around after you Tom 😂🤣
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I didn't get any new paper plates/bowls. They did a full change on my 4th day and then nothing until the night before I checked out. I rang up and asked for glasses (for the wine you understand ;-)) and mugs. Got big pop glasses and 4 mugs. They also kept missing bins - even though they are supposed to clean those I thought everyday as part of the check on "do we have some nutcase staying here". Any news on refurb? I thought this time the studio I was in was really dated, one of the drawers under the tv was broken and the carpet felt crunchy in bare feet iykwim. I'm considering booking another resort next time if the refurb won't be finished.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List