Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jul 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you!

Quick question: at Kuramathi, would it be possible to split stay between different room categories do you know, or is this not cost effective? I want to stay in a water villa, close to a reef if possible, but with the Select AI it’s coming out over my (very extended) budget! So wondering if it would be worth splitting with a cheaper room type for a few nights perhaps.
Just to say that we've saved a small fortune by upgrading on the island, rather than booking the water villa in advance, you do take the risk of there not being one available, but there are significant savings to be had if there are.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Atmosphere Kanifushi... beautiful
Island! We are going back there next year 🙏
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
Atmosphere Kanifushi... beautiful
Island! We are going back there next year 🙏
Thank you, I did look at this one, it looks lovely but I think you have to go on excursions to snorkel as there’s no house reef? I would love a reef under our water villa in an ideal world
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you, I did look at this one, it looks lovely but I think you have to go on excursions to snorkel as there’s no house reef? I would love a reef under our water villa in an ideal world
No there’s no house reef... we went the year it opened and went on the excursions. They operate twice daily. We’ve booked a water villa this time 🥰
Old 25 Jul 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Some pics of our water villa on Hudhuranfushi, whilst not Meedhuparu, it's an Aadaran resort so I would imagine quite similar...

Bedroom

Bathroom

Our view

Back of the villa

Whilst not the water villas, this is Meedhuparu

Ocean's not too shabby...

Our beach bungalows, we actually chose Meed as the beach bungalows are semi detached, this usually puts me off, but as the kids were our neighbours, we made an exception

I'm pretty sure the water villas on Meed are semi detached also, so make sure that doesn't put you off.

The water villas

Can I ask how old your kids were?
And did you request rooms next to each other?

We're looking to go next year and DS will be 16 and DD 14 and I'd love them to have their own room if I could guarantee they were next door.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Can I ask how old your kids were?
And did you request rooms next to each other?

We're looking to go next year and DS will be 16 and DD 14 and I'd love them to have their own room if I could guarantee they were next door.
Yes I messaged the island and requested we were next door to them.

On that trip (2019) they were 16 & 23, the youngest we've taken them was in 2009 to Kuredu where the beach bungalows were detached, they were 6 & 13, they were next door to us (requested), we borrowed a baby monitor so that if they needed us all they just had to call out, I'd make sure their door was secure every night before going to bed.

The great thing about the Maldivian islands is that they know exactly who's on them and when boats / sea planes are due to arrive, it feels very safe.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List