Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Aug 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Madeira Beach or St Pete’s Beach?

Grateful for any help! Heading to Florida next July. Have villa in Orlando booked and trying to sort out Gulf Coast beach now. We were meant to go in 2020 and had Bilmar hotel booked. I’ve now decided we’d rather have a 2 bedroom condo place just for a bit more space and privacy. Had looked at Sunset Vistas in Treasure Island but reviews have gone downhill dramatically.
Have narrowed it down to Sea Breeze condo on Madeira Beach or Vistas on the Gulf on St Pete’s beach (specific condos through airbnb rather than general website - so I know which condo I would be getting).

Anyone offer any advice on which beach better? We are solely looking for a beach chill time. Don’t plan on using car or going anywhere other than a dolphin boat trip. Happy to use trolley bus to move around in evening.

Is st Pete’s beach much busier? Beach busier? Easier to get to snack bar/restaurants? Is Madeira beach too quiet? A pain to keep getting to John’s pass etc?

Grateful for any thoughts or pointers! Thanks 😊
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Before booking a Gulf beach holiday I would check out the red tide situation.

stpetebeach/633/Red-Tide
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Have stayed in Madeira Beach a few times and really enjoyed it. St John's Pass is just across the road and worth a visit.
Old 12 Aug 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Before booking a Gulf beach holiday I would check out the red tide situation.

stpetebeach/633/Red-Tide
Red tide can affect anywhere from Marco Island up to & above Clearwater but could be an issue in beach town a but not in beach town b and this can change on a daily basis.

We normally visit Florida 3 times a year and have been lucky enough to suffer red tide just once.

I don’t feel it practical to suggest checking the current red tide situation before making a decision re a stay on the Gulf Coast in a year’s time.

A similar scenario to suggesting that someone checks out the current hurricane situation before booking a future June-October Florida trip?

Edited at 07:30 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
Grateful for any help! Heading to Florida next July. Have villa in Orlando booked and trying to sort out Gulf Coast beach now. We were meant to go in 2020 and had Bilmar hotel booked. I’ve now decided we’d rather have a 2 bedroom condo place just for a bit more space and privacy. Had looked at Sunset Vistas in Treasure Island but reviews have gone downhill dramatically.
Have narrowed it down to Sea Breeze condo on Madeira Beach or Vistas on the Gulf on St Pete’s beach (specific condos through airbnb rather than general website - so I know which condo I would be getting).

Anyone offer any advice on which beach better? We are solely looking for a beach chill time. Don’t plan on using car or going anywhere other than a dolphin boat trip. Happy to use trolley bus to move around in evening.

Is st Pete’s beach much busier? Beach busier? Easier to get to snack bar/restaurants? Is Madeira beach too quiet? A pain to keep getting to John’s pass etc?

Just to say that, in my opinion, either SPB or MD would suit what you want.

Both lovely beaches with plenty of restaurants & convenience stores etc.
The trolley running along the entirety of Gulf Blvd is frequent and would enable you to get to wherever you wanted in the various beachfront towns.

No personal experience as such as we drive & stay a little further up in Indian Shores; however we have driven along and eaten in the areas many times; in addition, our frequent stays haven't been in July so can't comment re how busy they each are in that month.

Enjoy choosing!

Edited at 01:39 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies. I’m aware of red tide and know it could be an issue but it’s a risk I’m going to take. I really want to be on Gulf coast rather than Atlantic side so will keep everything crossed

Edging towards Madeira Beach and using trolley bus to get up and down coast as needed. Fingers crossed we all get to go next year!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post

Sea Breeze is not to far from John's Pass so the restaurants there would be available, so depends how much you like walking in the heat. Vistas on the Gulf looks like it is in the quiter end of St Petes beach and probably a longer walk than Sea Breeze to get the meal choice. Both have the trolley bus anyway.
In case you did not know, billmar also has a few 2 and 3 bedroom setups, although usually works out more than 2 seperate rooms and still not with the same functionality as an apartment.
Personally, I would go for Madeira beach of the 2 options, but I'm sure both would be enjoyable anyway. Beaches never seem to be too busy, as in UK busy.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List