Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Aug 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Crisps
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
Thank you. I just wondered what else was near by. I expect I am going to spend most of my time in the universal resort. I might get an uber to Icon park at some point and have a look around there. I am doing a solo trip so will not be venturing far walking on my own and more likely to take an uber. I do fancy a wee trip to Walmart lol. The last time I stayed anywhere near I drive was 1999 when we stayed on Turkey Lake Road at Westgate Lakes. (it was rather challenging back then trying to get about without a car and in those days Uber was not an option! lol)
2001 was my last visit, staying at what was then the Clarion but is now the Best Western Orlando Gateway (right next door to Endless Summer). There’s been a lot of changes since we were both there, no more super cheap buffet restaurants etc lol! I’m hoping to return in 2023, a visit for me is long overdue!

Nothing wrong with spending lots of time at Universal, it means you can spend more time taking details in and soaking up the atmosphere. Many people rush from one attraction to the next without stopping to appreciate detail in highly themed areas such as the Wizarding Worlds (I’m a big HP fan so that’s primarily the reason why I want to return!)

Made sure you spend some time exploring all the universal hotels too, plus if you’re in Aventura you can pool hop between them.
Crisps is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Probably too long a walk but if you cut through the main entrance and out the other side, there are pavements out to the hotels on S Kirkman where there are a few restaurants (TGI, Ale House, usual take aways) plus a Walgreens which would have some groceries etc.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Probably too long a walk but if you cut through the main entrance and out the other side, there are pavements out to the hotels on S Kirkman where there are a few restaurants (TGI, Ale House, usual take aways) plus a Walgreens which would have some groceries etc.
Thank you. I just was interested to see if it could be done. I am pretty sure I will spend most of my time in the parks and city walk. I am only going to be staying in the Aventura for I think about 5 nights before I move to nearer Disney! (I am planning a 3 week trip) so plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere, take my time and enjoy the parks!
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
Thank you. I just was interested to see if it could be done. I am pretty sure I will spend most of my time in the parks and city walk. I am only going to be staying in the Aventura for I think about 5 nights before I move to nearer Disney! (I am planning a 3 week trip) so plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere, take my time and enjoy the parks!
We stayed at the Doubletree opposite the entrance on S Kirkman. Seem to remember it being a 10-15 minute stroll into the CityWalk area.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List