Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Sep 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
I recently cancelled some nights within the 30 day window. I did online chat and they took the points out of holding and extended the expiry to May 22 (Dec use year so well past banking deadline too).
I can't say it's a universal policy, only that they did it for me.
Would they not let you bank them then? Or had they already been banked?
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I'd be hoping to bank 2021 points to 2022, extend 2019 special points (actually I think they are already extended to May next year) and extend the 2020 points to end of May next year. Then I'd have to maybe extend my holiday in March and/or upgrade the room type.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Would they not let you bank them then? Or had they already been banked?
They were already banked

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Quick question, I have 10 distressed VGF points they show on my dashboard but can't book online with them as they disappear?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Quick question, I have 10 distressed VGF points they show on my dashboard but can't book online with them as they disappear?
Distressed as in expire shortly? When are they valid 'til and when are you trying to book for?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Distressed as in expire shortly? When are they valid 'til and when are you trying to book for?
These are expiring points carried forward into use June year 21. I'm trying to put them towards a booking for May 22.
Any help appreciated.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
These are expiring points carried forward into use June year 21. I'm trying to put them towards a booking for May 22.
Any help appreciated.
Sounds like they are valid for the booking so best suggestion I have is phone MS
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of DVC advice.
We have 2 trips planned for next year in February/March and August - both two weeks.

Currently we have 250 points used to book 2 weeks at Copper Creek in August and 250 points held in the international member policy agreement. Our use year is December so from what I understand I won’t be able to use these points till they become ‘live’ at the start of December?

We had planned on using these 250 points to book somewhere for our Feb/March trip but having had a look at availability I am now quite worried that there will be nothing available if I wait till December to book!

Could I use the 250 points from my august trip to instead book the Feb trip. When the points become available in December use those to book the August trip and then ring member services and ask them to switch the points around? I can’t use the international member policy points to book august as they need to be used earlier.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
strawbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of DVC advice.
We have 2 trips planned for next year in February/March and August - both two weeks.

Currently we have 250 points used to book 2 weeks at Copper Creek in August and 250 points held in the international member policy agreement. Our use year is December so from what I understand I won’t be able to use these points till they become ‘live’ at the start of December?

We had planned on using these 250 points to book somewhere for our Feb/March trip but having had a look at availability I am now quite worried that there will be nothing available if I wait till December to book!

Could I use the 250 points from my august trip to instead book the Feb trip. When the points become available in December use those to book the August trip and then ring member services and ask them to switch the points around? I can’t use the international member policy points to book august as they need to be used earlier.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Yes, book the Feb trip while there is some avaibilty and then ring when your points trip i, in early Dec. Then book August.
If you have some remaining current points in this years allocation to start the August booking you could book what you can, then do the next part of the booking in Dec, and merge them.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List