Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Sep 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures - Day 4 Liverpool

Today was to be our first port of call as we would be making a stop in Liverpool. I had no plans to leave the ship – I live reasonably close to Liverpool and have some family there, so have visited many times already so had planned to make the most of the facilities onboard today, however I did want to watch the ship’s approach into the city, so had set an alarm for 6 so that I could watch the sail in from my balcony.
I was actually surprised when my alarm went off how easily I found it to get up and dressed – I’m not a morning person as a rule and had fully expected to have to force myself up, but I was actually alert and ready to get up and start the day!
I headed to the balcony and watched the sunrise as the ship began its approach into the city

after around half an hour I realised I was hungry and debated heading up to Windjammers for a quick breakfast, but decided to order room service instead – some tea and toast just to keep me going, I would head up later for something a little more substantial!
Room service arrived within 5 minutes of my order – they are no longer able to enter your staterooms with the food, but bring it on a tray for you to take in – as I had only ordered tea and toast this was no issue, and I was soon happily back on my balcony enjoying the early morning start.
It was fascinating to see the city coming closer and closer

I realised I was extremely lucky that I had a stateroom on this side of the ship – anyone on the other side would have missed all the action and the fab view of the city which would be my view for the day – we docked right alongside the famous Liver Building!

I noticed the crew up on the bridge - at work we have a daily managers meeting at 9am, and I was just reminded of this when I saw them (looking as interested as I’m sure we do each morning 🤔 )

I watched the crew on the docks swing into action to ensure the ship was moored up safely – I had to smile at the “tug of war” action going on below me – it took them a couple of attempts to get the ropes in the right place, but they are clearly experts in their task and before too long we were moored and the crew were setting up the area ready for guests to begin to disembark – which they were soon doing.

I assume the first ones off all had excursions booked as I could also see the coaches waiting at the exit point for them!
I poured another cup of tea, then decided I would actually get showered and dressed – remembering that I needed to close my curtains to do so, as I was now overlooked!

I was soon dressed and ready and debated how to spend my day – first port of call was going to be Windjammers, the tea and toast already seemed like a distant memory – and if you can’t enjoy a second breakfast on-board a cruise ship, I don’t know where you can 😂

After a lovely breakfast, I decided to head to the solarium (adult area of the pool deck) where I had enjoyed a lovely peaceful day the previous day, and was soon parked up on a sun lounger, and decided 10:30 was a perfectly reasonable time of day to start on the cocktails! I started my day with a pineapple guava sangria

(delicious and could not taste the alcohol!) and spent a happy couple of hours chilling in the sunshine with various cocktails, and messaging friends & family with cocktail pics! (These are just some of them 😱 )

I debated hopping in the pool for a while, but was just too lazy to move and was enjoying the book I had just started on my kindle, so I’m afraid to say I did absolutely nothing other than read, soak up the sun and drink cocktails for the next few hours! Absolute bliss ❤️

At around 3pm, I realised I was feeling a bit peckish, and could definitely feel the effects of some of the cocktails, so decided to head down to Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade for a slice of pizza, and picked up a Starbucks latte while I was down there – I took these back to my stateroom to enjoy the view of the city from my balcony.

As I was sitting there, there was Beatles music playing along the docks and I couldn’t help noticing this lady sitting on the bench directly opposite me – she was there for ages, to the point I felt like taking her a cocktail to keep her going!

At around 5, I noticed the ships engine’s had started up and the captain was starting his departure from the port by turning the ship 180 degrees and heading back out to sea – I watched the sail away from the comfort of my balcony, then decided it was probably time to think about getting ready for dinner.

I had no plans this evening – it was definitely shaping up to be a very lazy & boozy day, so I was in no rush to get to the restaurant, but I had made a reservation for 8 and was down in time to make it – I was quickly shown to my seat and my order was taken.
Tonight I opted for a seabreeze cocktail to accompany my meal, which was Baked Potato soup, Lasagne followed by Coconut Cake and a cappuccino – all 3 items were the recommendation of the waiter, and I have to say they were all delicious!

It was around 9:30 when I left the restaurant and I debated what to do with the rest of my evening – there were plenty of bars to choose from, shops to visit but I was feeling quite tired from my early start (and very busy day!) so decided to collect a final cocktail (another seabreeze) and take it to my cabin (where I was greeted with another towel animal!)

I enjoyed a quiet hour on my balcony in my pjs – it had been a fabulous day doing absolutely nothing! ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I bet your friends are loving seeing all your pictures of the cocktails 🍹 you're enjoying. The accompanying food looks delicious 😋 as well. Luckily calories at sea don't count.
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I bet your friends are loving seeing all your pictures of the cocktails 🍹 you're enjoying. The accompanying food looks delicious 😋 as well. Luckily calories at sea don't count.
I thought that until I went back to Slimming World last night 😱
Worth it though 😂

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
16 days til my cruise and I’m starving myself best as I can in preparation 😂😂
I go to Liverpool too but I’ve signed up to a tour to the Beatles museum! Just to get off as it’s our only stop
Old 8 Sep 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What fantastic weather you got! The food looks great too.
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

It was interesting for me to see your view of the city from the ship! We had a week in Liverpool recently and stayed at the Crown Plaza just over the road from the Liver building. (I can just about spot it in one of your pictures). It was fun to open the curtains each morning and see which liner was visiting!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
What fantastic weather you got! The food looks great too.
I was so lucky with the weather - hoping the next ones will be as good 😊

Food was fab - well worth the shock on the scales when I hit back 🤣

Old 8 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
It was interesting for me to see your view of the city from the ship! We had a week in Liverpool recently and stayed at the Crown Plaza just over the road from the Liver building. (I can just about spot it in one of your pictures). It was fun to open the curtains each morning and see which liner was visiting!
I would have been so jealous seeing cruise ships I couldn’t get on 🤣

Old 13 Sep 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I would have been so jealous seeing cruise ships I couldn’t get on 🤣
Well there was that We sat on one of the benches dockside for a little while one morning staring up at Anthem!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A fabulously lazy day….perfect.

And what a gorgeous sun rise.

Few years ago now we did a transatlantic on Disney Magic and the best weather day out of the 14 days was Liverpool! A mere 35 miles from home! Unbelievable.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List