Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Naples and fort lauderdale

Hi

Is there any must do’s for the above places ? We’re spending a week in Naples and 4 nights at Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Following. Sorry I can’t offer any suggestions scotsprincess and I hope you don’t mind me tagging on to your post. We are doing the similar in July and looking for inspiration;-).

The only place at the minute we have planned is Tin City.
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We did Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary when we went to Naples. Lovely beaches in Naples. We also loved Sanibel and Captiva.

Don't remember much about Fort Lauderdale, but again lovely beaches.

We have booked to stay in Fort Lauderdale and then Gulf Coast so will be interested to see what others suggest.
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We did two weeks in Naples last year which we thoroughly enjoyed. I can recommend corkscrew sanctuary, Naples Zoo, botanical gardens and revs institute (need to book in advance). Lovers key state park is also lovely. It’s been years since we went to Fort Lauderdale but I do remember the beach being very good.
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone 🙂
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have just booked Ducktours at Ft Lauderdale, it is part road tour to see the lovevly houses then the truck goes into the water to continue the tour and the second trip is the inland river cruise, I booked them both on groupon.

Almost forgot to mention Sawgrass Mill, it is the biggest shopping mall in Florida.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi

Is there any must do’s for the above places ? We’re spending a week in Naples and 4 nights at Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks
We did a day trip from Naples last summer. Drove to Everglade City. Stopped of at a boardwalk. Ate overlooking the bay at tin city. Watched the airboats going out. We booked an airboat ride at Speedys and had an hour to kill and decided to visit Smallwood Store. Our airboat tour was okay but we only saw one gator. Our captain gave us a hand drawn map where we would be guaranteed to see plenty gators, which we did. It’s a wide track, called HP Williams Wayside. A waterway runs alongside the track. You don’t have to get out of your car. There were so many gators. He also said there’s bears and Florida panthers. There’s a small car park at the entrance with a little boardwalk. There were several cars doing the same as us. Quite a remote area.

Here’s the map he gave us, it’s about 5 miles east of Everglade city.

Originally Posted by mumsthebigkid View Post
Following. Sorry I can’t offer any suggestions scotsprincess and I hope you don’t mind me tagging on to your post. We are doing the similar in July and looking for inspiration;-).

The only place at the minute we have planned is Tin City.
You have a similar countdown to us. We plan to book tickets to see PBR at the Hertz arena. Went last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Proper bull riding. It’s part of the Pro Bull circuit. Think it’s on weekend July 26th and 27th.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Edison & Ford winter estates is well worth a visit. About 45-60 minutes drive from Naples.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Dinner at the Turtle club in north naples outside on the sand watching the sunset. Need to book a long time in advance and ask for an outdoor table. Fishing/watching dolphins at Naples pier. Boat trip from Naples was great. Loved it there and planning on a week there next year having been for 5 nights last month.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Purdy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have enjoyed the sunset cruise on the Sweet Liberty Catamaran. You can book online before you go, essential if you go in high season. Less so in Summer months. Beautiful cinema at the Silverspot in Mercato, Naples. Jetskis on Bonita Beach. Definitely an air boat ride. Many places to do that do it south of Naples on the US41. Fishing off Naples pier is good too.

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Purdy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List